Monday, February 11, 2013

The Sea of Tranquility...

I stayed up until 130am finishing a book that I could not put down until it was done!! It was so good I decided to talk about it today! I read Katja Millay's The Sea of Tranquility and if you haven't had the opportunity to read it yet, then I suggest you do it SOOOONNN!! Like.. right after you are done reading the current book you are on!

This is the description from Amazon...

 I live in a world without magic or miracles. A place where there are no clairvoyants or shapeshifters, no angels or superhuman boys to save you. A place where people die and music disintegrates and things suck. I am pressed so hard against the earth by the weight of reality that some days I wonder how I am still able to lift my feet to walk.
Former piano prodigy Nastya Kashnikov wants two things: to get through high school without anyone learning about her past and to make the boy who took everything from her—her identity, her spirit, her will to live—pay.
Josh Bennett’s story is no secret: every person he loves has been taken from his life until, at seventeen years old, there is no one left. Now all he wants is be left alone and people allow it because when your name is synonymous with death, everyone tends to give you your space.
Everyone except Nastya, the mysterious new girl at school who starts showing up and won’t go away until she’s insinuated herself into every aspect of his life. But the more he gets to know her, the more of an enigma she becomes. As their relationship intensifies and the unanswered questions begin to pile up, he starts to wonder if he will ever learn the secrets she’s been hiding—or if he even wants to.


My Thoughts on The Sea of Tranquility...

This book sunk its teeth into me and I could not stop reading it from page one until the very end. We are inside Nastya's and Josh's head the entire book and we get to learn about each one from both perspectives. Nastya is one of my favorite chick characters because she seems so real and she expresses herself through her narration and the readers get a sense of how much pain and suffering she is going through on the inside, even if she doesn't express it to others on the outside. Josh is another character that I loved and I am glad the author made him so mature for his age because he wasn't considered a bad boy who needed saving from a good girl, he was like a perfect match to Nastya and it seemed like they were going to save each other. When you finally learn what happens to Nastya and the amount of anguish it has put her through, you are left feeling heart broken for her but hoping that she will eventually work through it because she really needs to learn how to work through the issues she has. All of the secondary characters are amazing too! I love each of them and so glad they were made into such strong characters as well! The only thing I didn't like was the way it ended (or the fact that it ended at all, I could have kept reading it forever) and I really hope Millay ended it the way she did because she is making a sequel.. That would be AMAZING!!! *Hint*HINT* even if the sequel is about the other characters aheemm Drew and Tierney ;) hehe.. 

Seriously you guys should read this book and fall in love with it as much as I did.. I promise you will NOT regret purchasing it!!! 


Here are some teasers, location from the Kindle:

"While other girls my age were thinking about homecoming dances, driving lessons, and losing their virginity, I was thinking about physical therapy, police lineups, and psychiatric counseling. I left the house to go to doctor's offices, not football games. I interviewed with police detectives, not the manager at Old Navy" Location: 1881

"I feel like grabbing my crotch and checking to see if my balls are still there, because I think they may be in her pocket and I need to get them back" Location: 1995

"Call me Sunshine again, and I will murder you, cocksucker" Location: 2909

"I like finding things no one else is looking for. Things that got lost or forgotten, shoved in a corner. Stuff I never knew existed. I don't even need to buy it. I just like to find it and know that it's there. That's the part I like" Location: 4018

"Sometimes I just forget how to breathe: Location: 4434

I give this book a 4.8/5 and here is where you can purchase it for your Kindle :)


No comments:

Post a Comment