Tuesday, February 17, 2015

{Review} Clear: A Death Trippers Novel by Jessica Fucking Park


Blurb:
Stella Ford’s grasp on reality is already loose, and it’s about to come undone.
When the college junior flees Chicago and leaves her toxic family behind, she heads for coastal Maine to find the one person who brought her peace years ago: Sam Bishop. But the Sam she once knew now has painful secrets.  
Stella is determined to heal them both. Healing, however, is a challenge when the walls of her everyday existence collapse. And when Sam’s best friend is his worst enemy.
When the line between life and death blurs.
When an end is just a beginning.
When lust and rage rule.
Yet during extraordinary chaos, there can be extraordinary love, even if that love comes with a twist.
Welcome to death tripping.
A thriller, a paranormal, and a passionate romance, CLEAR crosses genres and breaks boundaries.




I am having a hard time writing this review for some unknown reason. I have been reading paranormal books since the appearance of Twilight. 
Vampires, Werewolves, Witches, Aliens, etc... I have read them all! 
Some were boring and others were so amazing I never wanted them to end. 

But...

Clear is a story all on its own. The whole concept is unique and a little weird but it is something that nobody has read before. When I was reading it, I felt like I took a trip on acid and couldn't figure out WTF was going on. 

With other paranormals, I knew the basics of how something happened, how people became who they were... Vampires are bitten, Werewolves are too. Some have it in their DNA... etc. etc. etc. But since Death Tripping is a new phenomenon, I had no idea what I was going to get.. Still don't know how the original person death tripped. Is it in their DNA? Did they just come back because of will power?? I have so many different scenarios running through my head and I still have no concrete answer. 

I went into this story completely blind. I didn't read the teasers, I didn't read the synopsis, I didn't read anything leading up to it because I wanted keep my mind open in order to really experience all of it.
 All I knew was JP wrote it and that is pretty much all I needed to know (I mean come on, it's Jessica freaking Park)

The story itself is presented in layers. Jessica gives you little tidbits here and there and then in the end everything is... well, you will have to read it for yourself to see where everything leads. I am not giving anything away... But I will give a hint...

This was my face when I got to the end.... 



My mind was conjuring different scenarios of what was going to happen and it was a complete surprise all the way to the end. I loved how I never figured out what was going to happen and I loved how I was still surprised after every chapter. You will go through a full range of emotions throughout the entire book.
I was literally hanging off the edge of my seat (or bed), I was scared, I was horny as fuck, I was OMGing, I was crying... I was, I was, I was... You are getting the gist... 
I had so many different feels and at one point I screamed... 

TOO MANY FEELS Jessica, I CANT TAKE IT!!!



Scared the shit out of my husband and he thought I was a little psycho but once I explained what was happening, he still thought I was fucking nuts. But thats ok because I jumped his bones later and he accepted my craziness ;)..

I was very consumed in this story and even when I felt like my mind was going to explode, I still kept on reading so I could see what was going to happen. I needed to know, I needed to keep my emotions in a never ending roller coaster because I wanted the FEELS... 

ALL THE FEELS! 

It was perfection, but I didn't have any doubts because Jessica fucking Park wrote the damn thing. And you can tell she wrote it, it had her quirky personality and everything you have come to expect and love with her books.

Even if you are not a fan of paranormal, I still say give this book a whirl because you will not be left disappointed in everything you experience. 

It is fast-paced, crazy, fucked up, confusing, but an all around complete and total mind fuck that will leave you scratching your head and wanting to dive right back in to make sure you "got" everything that happened, and to experience it all over again.

I give this mind fuck 5STARS and I urge you to get your hands on it and devour it ASAP!!!

Links to purchase:



Itunes

KoBO







No comments:

Post a Comment