Friday, January 10, 2014

{Review} More Than Her by Jay McLean



"For every action there is an equal or opposite reaction."

For every choice you make there are rewards, 
or there are consequences.
It was my choice to walk away the first time.
And my choice to chase her the second.
But sometimes you don't get a choice, 
and all you get are the consequences.


"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, 
while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”

Unless that someone is Logan Matthews. 
Because loving him didn't give me 
the strength to walk away.
It didn't give me 
the courage to fight for him.
And when it was over, 
all it gave me was a broken heart

My Thoughts

So I would like to start off by saying I totally have a love/hate relationship with Logan Matthews!!! I wanted to smack him, kiss him, strangle him, hump his leg... it could have gone either way! 

He was just so frustrating and then he would be sweet and then he would turn around again and I freaking had whiplash reading this book. It was like everything was fine and dandy and then he would close himself off and BAM shit would hit the fan again... 

When I read More Than This, I loved Logan's character so I was more than a little excited to read his story but now I feel kind of cheated, like Jay McLean got me so close to climax just to rip it away and I don't know whether to cunt punch her twat or kiss her face for making me so invested in these character's lives. But I can't really give a full review because the book didn't end how I wanted it too, so I am left wondering, should I say I love the book but hated the ending? Hated the book because of the ending or fall somewhere in-between until I can read the rest of the story?? 

I. Don't. Know... 

But I will say that I really enjoyed this book. I was sucked in from the very beginning and it got better, then worse, then better, then worse, and finally left on an explosive ending that left me whiplashed and angry because I had to wait for more. But the fact that I was left wanting more at all is something that has to be taken into consideration. Because my God I want more... NEED more and just have to find out where this story is going to go!!! 

I laughed, I got teary-eyed, I was horny and wanting the characters to just rip their clothes off then when they finally got busy, I sat back and enjoyed it with them ;)...

After getting over the initial impact of that ending I finally decided that this book deserves to be read. Logan's story deserves to be experienced and loved and cherished and have everyone experience the whiplash effect that happened to me. 

SO, overall I give this book a 4.5/5 and I am really looking forward to finding out what is going to happen because I have a feeling Jay McLean is not done giving all of us whiplash... I have a feeling about what happened and what is going to happen and I don't know if I want to be right or not... we shall see!! 

EXCERPT

He kissed me once, softly. " I want to feel everywhere he's felt. I want to replace the memory of his touch with mine. I don't want a single part of your body to no know my hands, do you understand?" His voice was low, husky, filled with desire.

My eyes drifted shut at his words. A sound of agreement leaves my mouth. He started kissing my jaw. "Has he kissed you here?" he whispered, his words muffled.

I nodded.

His lips moved from my jaw and worked their way down to my neck, kissing, licking, and slightly sucking. I could fell his hard-on against my stomach. One of the his hands moved to cup the back of my head, his finger curled into my hair, softly pulling and tilting my head back to give him better access.

I moaned.

His other hand moved under my shirt, the back of his fingers skimming my stomach before I felt him grip my side, just under my breast. I wasn't wearing a bra.

He released his grip on my hair just enough that my head fell forward; he kissed me again, just once. Then I felt his thumb rub against my already straining nipple. He made a moaning sound from deep in his throat, pushing into me. "Has he touched here?"

I nodded again.

He replaced his thumb with his hand, covering my entire breast, gently squeezing.

"Oh my God," I whispered. My chest heaved with every breath. My legs squeezed together trying to find some form of relief.

His other hand moved from my head, to under my shirt and onto my bare back. Then he started to slide it lower, and lower, slowly making it's way under my panties and onto my ass.

"Fucking shit, " he spat out, grabbing a handful. "Please don't tell me he's touched you here?"

I kept quiet.

"Fuck." He knew the meaning of my silence.


BUY LINKS: 





No comments:

Post a Comment