Monday, January 20, 2014

{Review} A Little Too Hot by Lisa Desrochers


If you play with fire…

Tossed out of college and cut off by her parents, Samantha West is in pretty dire straits. So when her rocker best friend hooks her up with a job dancing at a gentlemen’s club, who is she to turn it down? Plus, there are rules to dancing at Benny’s: No touching, keep your clothes on at all times, and never get closer than three feet. Unfortunately for Sam, her first private client makes her want to break every single one of them.

Harrison Yates is scorching hot, but he’s got a past that involves being left at the altar not too long ago. Sam is determined to make him forget about his ex, but when she makes her move, it flings her life into a spiral of chaos she never saw coming.

Because Harrison Yates isn’t who he seems to be. And his secret will probably get her killed.

My Thoughts

I really love Lisa's style of writing, she brings me into the story and holds my attention until the end. This story did that and more...

Sam and Harrison Yates are two strong-willed characters with screwed up pasts. They come together in the most unconventional way possible but they are unable to act on their feelings. With them unable to rip their clothes off, the sexual tension was ridiculously high and horny...

I really enjoyed this book and the characters. It got slow at some points and then other times I was unable to put the book down. There were moments of "ehhhh... this doesn't seem very accurate or like it could happen" but I had to remember that this is a work of fiction. I am being kind of vague because if I say too much then I will ruin a major plot point. 

The secrets, lies, betrayal, were all fascinating and exciting. I was outraged for Sam and pissed at Harrison and I had no idea how he was going to make it up to her but I was eager to find out more. Harrison was HOT as hell and extremely smart in all aspects of life. Sam was a likable character and I am glad she got her own book. 

There were only a few issues that I had. One was that Sam and Lexie were not speaking to one another because of what happened in the first book. The reunion with them was kind of anticlimactic, I thought they should have talked it out and been shown about how they reunited. Another issue I had was the ending. I thought it should have given me more but then again, it could have been because I didn't want them to leave, I liked being in their world. 

Overall I give this book between a 3-4 so I'd say a 3.5/5 and I am excited to read more from Lisa Desrochers!!! 

















No comments:

Post a Comment