Wednesday, February 19, 2014

{Review} Market for Love by Jill Elaine Hughes


Heroine Miranda Johansson has had a very bad day. The strait-laced, ultraconservative stock-market analyst in Chicago’s LaSalle Street financial district just lost eighty-seven million dollars of her clients’ money in a massive stock-market implosion. And if that weren’t bad enough, she just had wild, no-holds-barred sex with a complete stranger on her coffee break----and that complete stranger turns out to be her new boss! Can Miranda get control of herself without losing her job, and her mind? Or will her sexy new boss completely derail her self-discipline, her stock portfolio, and her career? (Not to mention the sudden intrusion of his manipulative ex-girlfriend---a scheming, ruthless woman who controls half of Wall Street.)

Will Miranda survive the ups and downs of her new love life, which is just as volatile and unpredictable as the market? Or will her new romance go down the tubes along with the economy? Only time will tell.


My Thoughts

This book was full of humor, hot sex, and more ups and down than a bipolar off her meds. It was fast paced without losing information and it is centered around stock and numbers but doesn't make you want to bang your head against the wall from the jargon being used. The author is conscious enough to know that most normal people are not stock enthusiasts ;)... 

The chemistry is instant between Miranda and Max. So instant, the story starts off with a post-coital introduction of names. I mean, I am all for a little game of guess who just gave me an orgasm...

But just as things are heating up between them, Miranda cools WAY the hell down because once she finds out who her orgasm giver is, she can't risk her pride or dignity. 
Of course that is until Max decides she will NOT run from him and he WILL have her... 
He is very Alpha male and just talking about him makes me want to squirm! 

There were some twists and turns and WTF moments that pissed me off to no end but the constant movement in this story kept me entertained and turning the pages to see what was going to happen. I was in just enough angst to make me anxious but almost as soon as I was determined not to keep reading (because I needed a break), the author would pull me out of it and make me happy again... and by happy, I mean horny!

The only issue I really had was the fact that it was so fast paced I didn't get enough lull to where I could really fall in love with the main characters as a couple. They didn't really do anything other than work unless there was a drama happening. It didn't deter me from the story but I just needed a little more happy and laid back moments... 

Overall, I give this book a 4/5 and if you want a sexy fast paced story with stubborn characters that seem to complete one another, then I'd pick up this book today, and get down and dirty with it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment