Friday, July 22, 2016

{Review} Royal Marriage Market by Heather Lyons


Synopsis 

Fans of The Royal We will not want to miss this epic love story!

Every decade, the world’s monarchs and their heirs secretly convene to discuss global politics and social issues—and arrange marriages between kingdoms.

Elsa may be the Hereditary Princess of Vattenguldia, but she finds the entire situation archaic and unsavory. While she wants what's best for her country, she isn't about to jump into an unwanted relationship—let alone a marriage—with a virtual stranger. Of course, her feelings matter little to her parents, whose wheeling and dealings over trade pacts and alliances achieved at her expense begin the moment they set foot in California for the Summit. So when a blindingly handsome royal runs into her, she doesn't hesitate to tell him there's no way she's marrying him.

Christian is all too happy to agree: no marriage. As the Hereditary Grand Duke of Aiboland, his main goal is to get through the summit without a bride being foisted on him. Which is why he suggests they help each other field potential intendeds. As Christian slowly gets to know Elsa, though, he realizes they have a lot more in common than just their feelings about the Royal Marriage Market. Only he can't fall for her, because royal or not, they're not meant for each other.

Elsa and Christian will have to evaluate matters of the heart verses those of state and crown, and decide whether or not tradition trumps love.
 


When Heather Lyons writes stories, I usually want to crawl my way to a corner and rock back and forth before ever even touching the book. The cover glares at me on my Kindle whispering, "Read Me" over and over again, until I pick it up and start rocking for an entirely different reason. 

I am not the type to want angst in my stories, I know they are necessary, but I don't go and seek out these monsters on my own. Heather is the only author I continually make an exception for. Her books are like drugs that pollute my mind with whimsical creations that will leave me breathless and senseless.

Royal Marriage Market threw a wrench in this whole thing. While reading, I kept waiting for the angst to make me crawl into a hidey hole, not wanting to continue because I can't take it. What I got, was a romance straight out of a fairy tale with the only magic being the act of true love itself. 


Elsa and Chris were sort of regular people with complicated lives, but that didn't stop them from causing anarchy amongst the most barbaric display of power among the royals. They pushed away the idea of everything they hated about the market and found themselves in a companionship neither of them saw coming. 

I cheered for them from the very beginning. I wanted to cause harm to the people who didn't want the same thing I wanted. I got the drama, but not to the extent I was preparing myself for, which was a relief, a smooth balm on my damaged soul caused by Heather herself haha. 

I really loved the secondary characters, they gave more depth to the story, and made things more complicated, but also added to the love. I am still holding out hope Lady Autumn runs away with Lukas in a total scandalized, gossip-worthy affair! 

I can dream can't I??? 

And can we take a moment to talk about the sexy, swoon, OMG did I just get pregnant reading this??, scenes! There were so many almost moments leading up to the big sha-bam, I thought my lust was going to explode right out of my vagina! So very good!! 



Heather can create worlds, destroy lives, and also give us a romance so enriched in plot and detail, it grabs your attention and leaves you a swoony mess by the end. She wears many hats and I am so glad I get to experience the depth in which she wants to share her worlds through her written words. 

I may have PTSD from her stories, but I am so glad I pull up my big girl panties to read her books. I just wish I would have stopped and read this one sooner, so I could have been introduced to Elsa and Chris a long time ago... 

I give Elsa and Chris 4.5 "True Love does exist" Stars


Click on the cover for your own experience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment