Friday, April 4, 2014

{Review} Chasing Serenity by Eden Butler


Graduate student Autumn McShane has had her share of heartbreak. She's been abandoned and betrayed and she lost her beloved mother in a tragic car accident five months ago. That loss damaged her body and fractured her spirit but she's learning to recover, until her ex-boyfriend returns to town, intent on making her life miserable. 

Declan Fraser hates her ex as much as Autumn does, but the last thing she needs is to put her trust in the hands of another man, especially one like Declan: his hard body and lulling Irish accent makes more than a few girls weak-kneed. The talented rugby player is rude and sarcastic, with tattooed, muscular arms and a cocky attitude, but he's the only one who can help Autumn win an ill-advised bet that, if lost, could cost her more than she's willing to pay. The reluctant alliance between Declan and Autumn stirs up cravings she doesn't want to admit, but Declan is a hard man to resist. 

Just when Autumn starts letting down her carefully constructed walls to the sexy bad boy, he betrays her when she needs him most. Autumn suspects Declan has secrets, and she is determined to uncover what drove him away from her, even if that means fraternizing with the enemy. But will the truth return Declan to her arms or add to the scars on her heart?

My Thoughts

So this book has been on my TBR for a while (probably since it came out in October). I remember downloading it because some other blog mentioned it and I liked the cover and the name of the main character, Autumn (conceited much?? Probably! But there are not a lot of Autumn main characters so yeah)... 

When Eden contacted me to review it for her before her next installment came out I was thrilled... I politely stalked this author a few times and I kept wanting to read this book but I kept getting backed up and never had time for my own personal TBR list.... Anyway, I actually had time when she emailed me so I said what the hell and started reading it pretty soon after... 

I liked this story very much but I didn't LOVE it like I wanted too. It got to be too much back and forth between Declan and Autumn and I got more annoyed than anything with them. Autumn is stubborn (must be a name thing because I am the same way)... And Declan was crazy about her BUT there were things in the middle of this romance and Autumn has no idea what they are... When Declan can't tell her, she eventually finds out in one of the worst ways possible. 

It was all very dramatic and anxiety ridden. I was annoyed but I still loved the story. I couldn't guess what the big secret was and that is unusual for me because, mostly, I guess shit right from the beginning and this time I couldn't... Once the secret was out, I was again irritated at Autumn because she blew shit out of proportion and kept blaming the wrong people... It got to be too much... 

The overall story was amazing. Loved the setting and I actually felt like I was there and could picture it easily in my head without much detail given to me. I LOVED Declan and his Irish hot self ;)... 
The secondary characters were entertaining and in the end I got everything I wanted. It just took a long time to get there... 

LOVED the library scene and aheeem others as well... I definitely had butterflies while reading scenes with Autumn and Declan... Lots of feels for them!! 

Overall, I give this story a 4/5 "frustrating but amazing story" STARS 

If you want to check it out for yourself before the second installation is out, go here:


No comments:

Post a Comment