Thursday, September 17, 2015

{Review} Fractured Suns (Book 2) by Theresa Kay



We came in peace. Lie.

We had no role in the Collapse. Lie.
I have always been honest. Lie.
I never lied to her. Truth.

Reunited with her brother, and surrounded by Flint, Peter and her new-found grandfather, Jax Mitchell has still never felt more alone. The choice to follow Rym back to the city to find answers and see Lir is an easy one, but their reunion is cut short and Jax is forced to leave Lir behind. She finds herself traveling with some unexpected companions and heading back toward a place she’d hoped to never see again.


After being imprisoned—and tortured—on the orders of his uncle, Lir hasn’t seen daylight or linked to anyone in weeks. After a lifetime of connection, the pain and loneliness is almost too much to bear. Elated that Jax actually came, Lir finds renewed hope and strength to continue fighting his uncle's influence over the E'rikon, even when things look hopeless and Lir’s been branded a traitor by the very people he’s trying to save.


While Jax and Lir fight separate battles, their missions have more in common than they realize. It’s a race against time to stop men driven only by greed and power. But the people they trust the most might be the very people working against them—and "family" doesn't mean what it used to. Will they recognize their friends from their enemies in time to save the people they love or will they lose each other in the process?

I wanted this book more than I wanted my next breath. I was anxious for it, like a herion addict needing their next fix, just anticipating until it hit my veins (or, ya know, my Kindle)!

When I cracked it open and begun the journey through this alien-dystopian, I was sucked in almost immediately. It grabbed my attention, didn't let me pull away until I got to the end, and even with the ending, I was still swiping left, cursing the author for ending her words!

Enthralling, anxious, nerve wrecking, add some tense scenes, and a HUGE CRY FEST, and BAM... 

Fractured Suns was born...

I spent the entire book like this...


I never knew what was coming around the corner and when I finally figured out what was going on inside of Jax's head, I was swiping furiously to get to the part where she figures it out herself! 

Everything was fabricated, the push and pull was almost way too much to handle. I wanted Jax to run to Lir's arms and never let go. Let them fight this war together, combine humanity and aliens all around.

But that didn't happen... at all..

I was disappointed I didn't get to see them together more but I understood where Theresa was going. 
The back stories had to be given, everything else also had to happen in order to set up a finale that is going to completely blow me away, hopefully. 

(My vagueness is purposeful here)


The anticipation for Book 3 is going to drive me INSANE!

 Completely and utterly, INSANE!! 

I need the answers to these questions, I need to know WTF is going to happen, I need to know WTF happenED to start this crazy shit, and I need Lir and Jax to go ahead and give into their basal instincts already!

In other words, lets see that electricity ignite my kindle because the anticipation is leaving me... frustrated!

And I heard alien sex is all the rage... But I guess since there is a war happening, they should be focusing on that... 
But what-evs.


If you haven't picked the first book in this series up, then you are missing out on some amazing action, angst, swoonliness, heart beating out of control anticipation, confusion, love, family, friendship, trust, lies....

DO I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION YET???

This series seriously rocks my face off, and it is so well written. The author just grabs ahold of you and sucks you into her world, without mercy or regard for your poor little heart or your feelings. 

I would be mad if I wasn't so impressed. 

I give this second book a 5 "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THAT TO MY HEART, THERESA" Stars!!!

If you are still around, you need to pick up the first book, Broken Skies.  
The link is below....


The SECOND BOOK, Fractured Suns is out for pre-order and you will want to grab it too...

Will be LIVE on September 18th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment