Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Escaping Realty by Lisa Renee Jones

I was approved to read this from NetGalley and Julie Patra Publishing and I was initially intrigued because of the cover and the author is a well known badass!! This book is book one in the Amy Bensen series and here is what I thought


Infinite possibilities….
Infinite passion…..
Infinite danger….

His touch spirals through me, warm and sweet, wicked and hot. I shouldn’t trust him. I shouldn’t tell him my secrets. But how do I not when he is the reason I breathe? He is what I need.


At the young age of eighteen, tragedy and a dark secret force Lara to flee all she has known and loves to start a new life. Now years later, with a new identity as Amy, she’s finally dared to believe she is forgotten–even if she cannot forget. But just when she lets down her guard, the ghosts of her past are quick to punish her, forcing her back on the run.

On a plane, struggling to face the devastation of losing everything again and starting over, Amy meets Liam Stone, a darkly entrancing recluse billionaire, who is also a brilliant, and famous, prodigy architect. A man who knows what he wants and goes after it. And what he wants is Amy. Refusing to take “no” as an answer, he sweeps her into a passionate affair, pushing her to her erotic limits. He wants to possess her. He makes her want to be possessed. Liam demands everything from her, accepting nothing less. But what if she is too devastated by tragedy to know when he wants more than she should give? And what if there is more to Liam than meets the eyes?

My Thoughts

When I saw this on Netgalley I just KNEW I had to read it. It intrigued my inner book whore and I was so excited when I got approved. With that being said, I just hate that I was disappointed in this book, it was good but I think it could have been better. I think the way it ended had me scratching my head thinking.. uhh ok we don't get anymore information besides that?

This book starts out with Amy being in NY and receiving a note saying she needed to leave NY ASAP because she has been compromised and needs to immediately move to Denver where there will be more information for her. While waiting for her flight she runs into Liam Stone and is instantly attracted to him and feels some kind of magnetic pull towards him that she can't explain. Liam is also wondering who this gorgeous, smart, witty, Amy is and must know everything he can about her. He senses an inner turmoil and wants to fix Amy, make her better, and make her HIS! 

The relationship was swoon-worthy, sexy, STEAMY, and I was sighing with complete lust with the two of them. It seemed a little rush but it was believable so that didn't deter from the fast pace it set. 

Now here is my hang up. 
There was so much to Amy, so many demons, and you don't get very much insight into her before the book just ends. 
I think we could have been given more information than we were. It could have left on the cliffhanger that it did but the author could have given us more information on who was after Amy, why, what the deal with her family was, was Liam involved? 
SOMETHING!
 It seemed like the whole book was the back and forth between Liam and Amy and Amy having small flashbacks that left me saying.. "huh, interesting". Also the author throws another character in there that is also very interesting and I think we might have a threesome/love triangle happening but even that didn't seem to progress very much before the book ended. 
Now, if the author wanted to make sure we read the second installment she definitely achieved that because I was seriously hanging on the edge trying to figure WTF was going on and I WILL read the next book to find my answers! I HAVE too!! My mind is coming up with so many different scenarios I want to see which ones are true or if any of them are. 

This is also why I do not like reviewing series before all the books are out because this first book frustrated me but hopefully the next one will answer my questions and then I can rate the whole series HIGH. 

So for right now I will give this 3*** and when the next book comes out I will finish this review and let you guys know how I really felt about the series.. This rating could go up or down.. we shall see! 

If you want to read the first installment of the Amy Bensen series go check it out on Amazon:

OH and it is only 99pennies




No comments:

Post a Comment