Wednesday, April 29, 2015

{Review} The Best Medicine by Elizabeth Hayley


Lauren Hastings is finally ready to enter the real world. At twenty-six, she’s about to get her master’s in psychology, and she’s well on her way to beginning the career of her dreams—until she suffers public humiliation and has to endure something she thought she’d never have to deal with again: a part-time job.

A gig at Trinity Hospital isn’t exactly Lauren’s definition of a good time, but Dr. Scott Jacobs quickly changes her mind. He’s straight-up gorgeous, and he always gets what he wants. And that includes Lauren. It’s an ideal arrangement for both of them. No strings. Just fun—at least at first.

But feelings quickly begin to run deeper than either Lauren or Scott is willing to admit, causing issues neither of them want to confront. After all, who wants to risk the perfect relationship on something as terrifying, as messy, and as unpredictable as love?
 


This book was expected from this dynamic writing duo. It had strong characters, amazing wit, banter, and humor. 
Oh, and of course, the sex and almost sex scenes made me want to take my kindle into the bathroom for some bath tub reading. 



Dr. Scott was very alpha, with a twist of anxiousness. He had a vulnerability that made him more real to me. He wasn't Mr. Perfect in control and I expected him to whip out his red room of pain but was pleasantly surprised to see the authors take him in another direction. 


Lauren was what I love in a heroine of a story. She doesn't take shit from anyone and can banter with the best of them. She's strong, even with all the shit that happened in her life, she rose above it and became the person she is today. 


I lourved the secondary characters almost as much as the main ones. They brought more to the table than just being there. They gave the book more substance than it just being about Scott and Lauren. But they also didn't deter from the main characters where they shined more than the main ones. 

I laughed at a lot and the anticipation leading up to the first fuck scene had my poor little waffle turning blue. I was screaming at the characters to just fuck already but of course they didn't listen to me. But the anticipation was fun because the real thing was worth the wait...



The book was a little predictable but the ending was different in how it unfolded and the very end was hilarious and came full circle, which made it epically cheesey, in a good way. My black heart smiled a little... 

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It was pretty fast paced and even when it lagged a little I was still invested and wanting to read more. 

I give this a 4 "My poor Blue waffle" Stars... 

You can pre-order below... 

No comments:

Post a Comment