Thursday, March 3, 2016

{Review} Abruption by Riley MacKenzie


Everyone has a plan.

Dr. Guy Hunter secures his dream fellowship with a beautiful free spirit by his side. Two unexpected blue lines don't even shake his resolve—he is on his way to having it all. Until he isn’t.

Abruption: a sudden breaking off

Jules Chiappetti loves her boisterous over-involved Italian family but is determined to pave her own way. An MBA and boardroom job is her ticket out. Until it isn’t.

Abruption: an unexpected event

Four years later, Guy is consumed by the challenges of being a single father, still struggling with the aftermath that derailed his life and left his son with special needs. He doesn't realize his world went dark the same day his wife's did, until Jules, his son's new nurse, shows him the light.
 





This review is a long time coming. I have been sitting on this story awhile and I was supposed to review it back in January, but I suck and I am just now getting to it.... 

Anyway, I am not new to the Riley Mackenzie game, I fell in love with their doctors in Beautifully Awake so I knew what I was getting into when I opened Abruption.

They leave a lot of details in their stories, they are slow to build, but once the momentum gets going, it is really hard to put it down!

You have to love angst, hot steamy sex that leaves you panting, and characters who are most likely tragically flawed and need someone to help heal the wound that was left gaping. 

Jules and Guy are both battling their own demons and their own pain. They meet in a way that is stressful and it almost makes you want to punch Guy in his face. 

As the book continues, their relationship picks up steam and you can't help but cheer them on, knowing how perfect they are blended together. But there are more twists and turns that you may or may not see coming and when the ending gets slammed in your face you will... well, you will feel a lot of things. 

My heart hurt a lot in this book and then it was also filled with so much hope and joy for this family, I didn't know whether to cry out in happiness or pain. Maybe even both. 

If you are a fan of this dynamic duo, then you already expect the angst filled, emotional mess you are about to embark on, but if you have never read their books (I feel sorry for you), then let me warn you, you will be on a slow journey that will make you feel every bump, bruise, and heartache, just as the characters did. 

Grab your tissues and chocolate, hold on, and pray you make it through to the other side. 

I give this a 4 "Family is everything" Stars!! 










No comments:

Post a Comment