Tuesday, November 12, 2013

{Review} Because the Night by Kristen Strassel

BECAUSE THE NIGHT 
 Kristen Strassel


SYNOPSIS
Sex, Blood, and Rock n' Roll.

Immortal Dilemma is the hottest band in the Las Vegas vampire rock scene. They draw insatiable fans from around the globe, thanks to a supernatural attraction called Bloodlust. Tristan craved such an opportunity to fill his empty mortal life, and now he has eternity to earn his place along the legends of rock n roll debauchery.

Callie always feared that Tristan’s excesses would get him into trouble, but she never thought they’d lead him to immortality. To reconnect with him, she must weave her way through a world not only she had no idea existed, but does not welcome her.

Blade turned down a spot in Immortal Dilemma after learning what he must sacrifice for that lifestyle. He finds Callie a refreshing change from the girls in the vampire rock scene. When Callie drags Blade back into the world of Immortal Dilemma, his resistance drives her into the waiting arms of Tristan, who shows her the true meaning of Bloodlust.

But the very things that Callie fights so hard to save are the very things that fight to destroy her

MY THOUGHTS

I was asked to read this book and I agreed because I mean it is about vampires and I have a thing for them... 
BUT I am very, very picky about my vampire books because lets face it, nothing and no one can top Twilight for me. 
SO I don't want people to try... at ALL!!! 
Give me something different, give me original, and for fuck sake DO NOT make them shimmer like glitter!!! 

So I was a teensy bit hesitant about reading this.
But I am glad I didn't let my hesitance hinder my curiosity. 
I really enjoyed this book. 
I almost loved it but there were a few issues that had me holding back. 

This book is about a girl named Callie who takes an adventure to Vegas in order to find herself and her best friend from childhood who up and disappeared from her life. Tristan was now in a vampire rock band and starring in his own reality t.v. show. 
What Callie thought was all an act (blood, bloodlust, and vampires) may not have been as fake as she once considered. 
While searching for Tristan she meets a guy named Blake and some other secondary characters that aid Callie in this unknown parallel that she finds herself in. 
While Blake was trying to pull her away from the life she was so curious about, Tristan kept pulling her back and making her want more. 

Callie is young and naive throughout this entire book. 
Although I love my heroines to be strong, independent, and snarky, Callie was ok. She wasn't my favorite person but I think that has to do with her age and lack of experience in life. I didn't relate to her much and she was always so back and forth it drove me a little crazy. The writing was a little off at some points where I felt it needed to be edited better but that could have been because I was reading an ARC so it might be different with the final version. 
And I am an information junkie, I want the back story first and then take me on the journey or weave the back info into the story as it progresses. I don't think I got a good sense of who these characters were because of this. 

But what I did LOVE was this book was sooooo DIFFERENT and UNIQUE with the different covens/factions of rock bands and who ruled which, WOMAN vampires being more powerful (because I mean woman are the shit). The whole concept was freaking amazing. The sex was OMG HOT and a little gross but it was so hot that I didn't care.

Tristan was hard to read but once I realized he loved Callie the only way he knew how, I fell in deep like with him. He wasn't all flowers, hearts, and chocolates but he did show his affections in his own ways. 

I LOVED Blake and I was so pissed at how Callie treated him. I wanted to bitch slap her back to reality but I also loved Tristan so I was torn just as she was. 

This book was left on a cliffy but instead of it being annoying, it was more like a to be continued and leave you salivating for more. I was left wanting more instead of being like meh I can do without this. I want to see where this series is going to go. Especially since Callie finds herself in a little situation that she causes herself. 

I give this book a 4/5 and if you love Vampire/paranormal or Hell even a good mystery with different shit thrown at you then I would pick up this book and read it, live it, enjoy it!

Here is the link for this book



No comments:

Post a Comment