Wednesday, November 6, 2013

{Review} The Edge of Always by J.A. Redmerski

I squeeeed a million times over when I got approved for The Edge of Always ARC!!! I stopped what I was doing and just read it all the way through and I fell in LOVE with Andrew and Camryn all over again. 



He was taking the long road. She was taking the road to nowhere. It just so happened that they led to the same place…

When everything falls apart, love remains . . .

THE EDGE OF ALWAYS

Camryn Bennett has never been happier. Five months after meeting on a Greyhound bus, she and her soul mate Andrew Parrish are engaged—and a wedding isn’t the only special event in their future. Nervous but excited, Camryn can’t wait to begin the rest of her life with Andrew – a man she knows in her heart will love her always. They have so much to look forward to—until tragedy blindsides them.

Andrew doesn’t understand how this could happen to them. He’s trying to move on, and thought Camryn was doing the same. But when Andrew discovers Camryn is secretly harboring a mountain of pain and attempting to numb it in damaging ways, there is nothing he won’t do to bring her back to life. Determined to prove that their love can survive anything, Andrew decides to take Camryn on a new journey filled with hope and passion. If only he can convince her to come along for the ride…

My Thoughts

When this book first started I was a little disappointed because I thought it was going to go a certain way and I just didn't want that for these characters. I wanted it to continue on like it did in the first book. BUT as I continued I realized that the beginning was just bumpy and it smooths out the more you get into it... 
You will see what I mean when you read it. 

Something happens in the beginning that is horrible and heartbreaking. Camryn doesn't deal with it like she is supposed to either and it causes her to shut down. Andrew is scared and just wants her to be the girl that he fell in love with... So what do they do? 
They do what they did in the first book in order to find themselves and each other all over again... 

They travel. 

We are again, taken on a journey like the first book and get to experience different places with A & C. They meet people along the way, have a few curveballs thrown at them but they rediscover themselves, each other, and it was so endearing.

I would like to state that I LOVED The Edge of Never...ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT... I did not want to put it down and I was actually satisfied with how it ended. Of course when I heard Redmerski was coming out with a sequel I was excited but I didn't feel like I NEEDED a sequel, it was nice and I liked it but I didn't get the warm and fuzzies like I did with TEoN... 
An epilogue would have been nice but the magic was already taken out of it because I knew they loved each other already. I already knew where they would end up. I mean there is only so much you can do with a sequel after the first one ends in a HEA. 

But I did love that Redmerski added more traveling in this and I love how much Andrew loves Cam. He never gave up on her and he made sure to take care of her because she never had that in her life. Cam was still funny and I loved the games they would play while they traveled. 
It was sweet and I love these characters. 
I am satisfied with their story and love where they ended up. 

They are the epitome of what you want your marriage to be like. Have bumpy roads but come together at the end and still have faith that you love one another no matter what life throws at you. 
Giving up is always easy but fighting... fighting builds character and strength. 
The strongest of people have the most scars. 

I would like to end this by saying I LOVE J.A. Remerski... LOVE her writing style and she is a badass person to stalk follow on FB and twitter ;)...
I cannot wait to read Song of the Fireflies and Reviving Izabel by this incredible author, the anticipation is killing me but I know since she wrote it, it will be worth the wait!! 

I give this sequel a 4/5 

Here are the links to The Edge of Always:






No comments:

Post a Comment