Wednesday, December 4, 2013

{Review} Crash Into You by Katie McGarry



I love Katie McGarry... 
Pushing the Limits is one of my all time favorite books...EVER so when I saw she was writing Isaiah's story, I jumped on it faster than a fly on shit!! 


From acclaimed author Katie McGarry comes an explosive new tale of a good girl with a reckless streak, a street-smart guy with nothing to lose, and a romance forged in the fast lane

The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look.

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.

My Thoughts

I loved Isaiah from the very beginning, he always intrigued me more than the other characters because he was always in the background but he was always important. In Pushing the Limits he was the buffer between Noah and Beth but he carried an unrequited torch for Beth that was of course, never returned. I was rooting for him to find his own happily ever after with someone that would appreciate him like he deserved. 

At first, reading about Rachel, I was like, "oh great she's a hot mess that does not have the balls to stand up to her family". Isaiah needed someone stronger, especially since he was such a badass and weakness would have made him weaker or Rachel would have became his weakness. 

Rachel and Isaiah meet and of course there is an instant attraction. Rachel sees the man underneath the tattoos and hard exterior, while Isaiah sees a girl on the wrong side of the tracks that he can't seem to stay away from. He doesn't want to like her and she is scared shitless of him. 
Even though they seem like total opposites, they balance one another out and they each have a strong heart that can overshadow any obstacle.  

There was soooo much angst and craziness in this book and by the time I got to the end I was relieved that Rachel had grown a pair but of course it couldn't end nicely. Katie has to add more drama into the mix and it totally drives me crazy but at the same time I need to know what happens so I can't put the book down until I do. 
She's a sneaky author, I don't know whether to kiss her face or cunt punch her... It could go either way! But she makes me FEEL these emotions, she makes me BELIEVE them so I will stow my cunt punching skills for right now ;). 

With all the angst, I just wish there were more happy moments. Give me more of Isaiah teaching Rachel how to drag race or with them hanging out. Give me more of Rachel's parents warming up to Isaiah. Show me how the parents have changed since everything happened. I felt like I was getting an ulcer after reading all the drama. I needed a break in between and I needed it FAST!

Moving on...
I loved the brothers, they were funny and what I expect from older brothers with an only sister but that family needed therapy and needed it like yesterday. I loved how Katie put Beth, Noah, and Echo back into the story and they had small roles. I am still the biggest fan of Pushing the Limits but reading more and more of Katie's books, I am loving her as a go to author. When she releases a book, I know I can count on her to give me a story with lots of ups and downs and other craziness in between. Even with all the angst, I love the journey she puts me on and that is what I love the most about authors. 

Overall, I give this book a 4/5 and cannot wait until the next book in the series is out so I can snatch that up!!  

These books can be read as standalones but I would read all of them because of the pure amazingness that is inside each of them. 


Go Here for your own copy of Crash Into You:







No comments:

Post a Comment