Tuesday, December 10, 2013

{Review} Waking Up Dead by Margo Bond Collins

I was asked to read this book and thought, what the hell, it's not really my "thing" but I'll try anything once....maybe twice just to make sure.... 


When Dallas resident Callie Taylor died young, she expected to go to Heaven, or maybe Hell. Instead, she met her fate early thanks to a creep with a knife and a mommy complex. Now she's witnessed another murder, and she's not about to let this one go. She's determined to help solve it before an innocent man goes to prison. And to answer the biggest question of all: why the hell did she wake up in Alabama?

My Thoughts


This one was not my style but I still liked the story and was in love with Callie. I mean a sarcastic ghost?? I think if I came back as a ghost I would come back as Callie...

Callie wakes up dead (obviously)... 
Some bastard decided he wanted her dead and did the deed. Now Callie is literally stuck in a small town in Alabama (I would probably want to re-kill myself if I was stuck in the backwoods country). She witnesses a gruesome murder and the wrong person gets blamed for it. It is up to Callie, a ghost, to try and get the RIGHT person behind bars. 

This is where Ashara and Maw Maw come into play. Ashara is one of the only people who can see Callie and Callie annoys the shit out of her until she (well she was forced) helped her to figure out who killed the lady in the house that Callie was cohabiting (unbeknownst to the couple living there). 

This book takes you on a roller coaster ride with a lot of guessing and mystery of who did it, what happened, why, and we even get more information from Callie about her own death and her "powers". 

I say this is not really my type of book because it does not have any romance or any sexy steam but it does have a great story line, funny, and it is well-written. 

I mean I was down for a little ghostly sex but hey that may be my own twisted mind. 


I probably need psychological help but hey, at least I entertain all of you.

So if you are down for something different that will keep you guessing and laughing, I recommend this to you. Plus the three main female characters are all sarcastic, funny and strong in their own right. They will have you laughing and snorting with the things that come out of their mouths and they don't back down from a fight, even when it gets dangerous! 

There were some slow parts that had me drowsing a bit BUT there were times I found myself unable to put the book down so it balances it out. 

Overall, I give this book a 4/5 and I recommend it to anyone who likes a good mystery and sarcastic humor with NO sexy time... 


Here is the link to the book on Amazon:










2 comments: