Friday, May 30, 2014

{Review} Sweet Filthy Boy by Christina Lauren



Synopsis

One-night stands are supposed to be with someone convenient, or wickedly persuasive, or regrettable. They aren’t supposed to be with someone like him.

But after a crazy Vegas weekend celebrating her college graduation—and terrified of the future path she knows is a cop-out—Mia Holland makes the wildest decision of her life: follow Ansel Guillaume—her sweet, filthy fling—to France for the summer and just…play.

When feelings begin to develop behind the provocative roles they take on, and their temporary masquerade adventures begin to feel real, Mia will have to decide if she belongs in the life she left because it was all wrong, or in the strange new one that seems worlds away


I have to say when I started this book I was deeply intrigued and LMAO at all the shenanigans going on around the trio of friends. Graduating from college and going on a Las Vegas getaway seems like the perfect escape from it all. When the group of friends meet another group of the opposite sex, it seemed like the perfect match up. 
So they did what most people do in Vegas and got drunk together. 

Waking up and not remembering much about the night before had it's negatives but everyone took it in stride, until Mia figured out what really happened and freaked out!!


Her entire world gets turned upside down again, but this time it was from her own doing. She has to decide what to do with the situation she is in and where to take it from there. Unfortunately there is no clear cut answer, and on impulse decides to follow her gut and see where it would take her. 
When she gets there, she immediately regrets the decision because it is not how she thought it would be. Everything seems great and she is having fun playing with Ansel and even though she doesn't know what her future may bring her, she feels that Ansel will be apart of it... 
Of course until one of Ansel's secrets comes out to haunt them...


When Mia went to Paris she had ideals of what it would be like but it grew old rather quickly. After she finds out Ansel's secret she must take everything she has learned about herself and Ansel and decide what is right for her. She has finally learned that her future is her own and she can't let anyone dictate what to do with it... 
The decision is finally hers but she must now figure it all out... 


I really enjoyed several facets of this book. But there were things that left me scratching my head too. I feel Mia and Ansel used sex too much. I understood Mia wanting to hide behind a facade in order to really express her feelings to Ansel but I felt that they were using sex to either hide or reveal themselves and it didn't work for me. I love sex in a story as much as the next book whore but this was a little much and quite frankly, my hand was getting a little tired ;)... 
kidding... 
sort of.. 

Also, I never understood where Mia's father was coming from or why he had such a problem with life or Mia in general. I would have liked to have that explained more to me or even show how Mia's life was before her accident because I didn't get a good sense of who she really was. It said Mia never talked or opened up to anyone but I never saw that about her because she was so candid with Ansel and her friends. It just kept saying she was pretty much a recluse but I didn't get that vibe from her at all. I think I needed to see for myself how Mia changed. 

Of course that didn't change my opinion of the story. I still thought it was a fun, sexy, read and even if I didn't get all the information I was looking for, I still recommend it to everyone!! 

Overall, I give this story a 4/5 "I want to fuck Ansel" stars and if  you have not read it yet, check it out in the links below... 

Authors:

Bio / Social Media
Lauren Billings (but everyone calls her Lo) has a Ph.D. in neuroscience and before she made writing her full-time job, would spend her days doing nerdy research-type things wearing a lab coat and goggles. She is silly Mommy to two littles, wife to one mountain biking homebrewing scientist, bestie to a shoe-stealer, and an unabashed lover of YA and romance.
Christina Hobbs (but you’ll always hear Lo call her PQ) used to spend her days in a junior high counseling office surrounded by teenagers. Married to the cutest boy in school, she has a thirteen year old daughter, is an unapologetic lover of boy bands and glitter, and also likes to steal Lo’s shoes.
You can follow their shenanigans at:
@lolashoes (Lauren) & @seeCwrite (Christina) on Twitter. On Tumblr! where we post kissing gifs and writerly stuff andWattpad for short stories and sneak peeks!
For official information about their books, events, interviews, movie news and more, follow @beautifulbastrd.



No comments:

Post a Comment