Monday, July 1, 2013

Falling into You by Jasinda Wilder


“I’m not just falling in love with you, Nell. I’m falling into you. You’re an ocean, and I’m falling in, drowning in the depths of who you are."

SO many awesome things I want to say about this book, I don't know where to start or stop or go or pass and collect 200 dollars... 

gaaah here we go, I am going to try to get it all down..

I wasn't always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way.
Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him.

Colton didn't teach me how to live. He didn't heal the pain. He didn't make it okay. He taught me how to hurt, how to not be okay, and, eventually, how to let go.

My Thoughts
SO with the description of the book I already knew what was going to happen to Kyle and I thought I was prepared for what was to come. But boy was I wrong..I read and read and read some more and then I got to the part where it happened and I was epically..RUINED..
Seriously cried buckets and then I continued reading and I just couldn't stop the tears, they wouldn't go away.. 

Here is a true story/conversation between me and the hubs:

Hubs: "WTF!!! why are you crying"
Me: "Sniffing..OMG babe its so bad this book is just so awful"
Hubs: (not understanding I meant SAD not awful in the bad way) "Well stop reading it if its so bad"
Me: "NO!!! you don't understand, HE DIED and shes broken babe shes just so broken and she needs help and shes just so broken.. ahh its so bad"
Hubs: *looks at me like I'm crazy* shakes his head and continues watching tv.

I gotta give him credit he has seen me in all the epic emotions I have ever had and he still loves me even when I cry over characters that are not real to him but are real to me! 
Also, he only suggested the psychiatric unit ONCE so thats love right??

Anyways, I continue on my journey and fall in love with Colton, my heart expands and I am finding some hope that they end up together. 
Of course Nell pushes Colton away because she can't handle someone else in her life that she could possibly love, especially not her dead ex-boyfriend's older brother, thats the last thing she needs. 

They are both broken and trying to find solace in any escape they can seek. Colton found it in drugs, pain, fighting and then finally started finding it in socially acceptable things like music, building cars, and occasional alcohol use. 
Nell was seeking peace in pain, she was so broken on the inside that the only way she could get it out was by hurting herself. She doesn't want to feel better because she feels that she deserves the pain. 

"She’s got so much pain, so many cracks and shards and jags in her soul, and I’m going to get cut by her if I’m not careful.... I also know I’m not going to stay away. I’m going to grab onto her and let myself get cut. I’m good at pain. I’m good at bleeding, emotionally and physically."


Their parents don't help. Nell pushes her away and Colton was disowned by his. The parent subject was a little sour for me. They confused me and I am still not sure how I feel about them. 

The music was my favorite part, it was deep and therapeutic for both characters. I was left in awe and appreciation for the way the music flowed between them. I could tell the author had a history with music and put her heart into it.

“Quiet your crying voice, lost child.   Let no plea for comfort pass your lips. You’re okay, now.   You’re okay, now. Don’t cry anymore, dry your eyes.   Roll the pain away, put it down on the ground and leave it for the birds.   Suffer no more, lost child. Stand and take the road, move on and seal the hurt behind the miles. It’s not all right, it’s not okay.   I know, I know..."

Alright now lets talk about what all you perverts rather know. 
The sex scenes.. 
They were.. 
HOT&STEAMY... 
after one door scene in particular I had to go change panties and open up the freezer door to fan myself.. Lord Jesus I was on FIIRE
No wonder she has five kids, with writing like that!!
It also wasn't what was written that made it hot either, it wasn't over the top, it was perfect for the book and you could easily imagine yourself doing the things they did without hurting your vajayjay (or dick depending on who is reading this).
Thats the kind of writing that can get me fired up but the others are fun to fantasize about
;)

The only part that I didn't like was the ending. 
I needed more!! 
I don't think their stories are complete yet, it was left too vague but it didn't deter me from enjoying this book either..

I give Falling Into You 4/5 stars and I suggest reading this incredible book if you like to read hot, heartbreaking, soul-searching, books about boys and girls growing up and healing themselves and each other..

Here is the link for it on Amazon:



No comments:

Post a Comment