Monday, September 23, 2013

A Little Too Far by Lisa Deserochers

Taboo Taboo Taboo... Here is what I thought about:




Have you ever gone just a little too far?

Lexie Banks has.

Yep. She just had mind-blowing sex with her stepbrother. In her defense, she was on the rebound, and it’s more of a my-dad-happened-to-marry-a-woman-with-a-super-hot-son situation. But still, he’s been her best friend and confidant for the better part of the last few years … and is so off limits. It’s a good thing she’s leaving in two days for a year abroad in Rome.

But even thousands of miles away, Lexie can’t seem to escape trouble. Raised Catholic, she goes to confession in hopes of alleviating some of her guilt … and maybe not burning in hell. Instead, she stumbles out of the confessional and right into Alessandro Moretti, a young and very easy-on-the-eyes deacon … only eight months away from becoming a priest. Lexie and Alessandro grow closer, and when Alessandro’s signals start changing despite his vow of celibacy, she doesn’t know what to think. She’s torn between falling in love with the man she shouldn’t want and the man she can’t have. And she isn’t sure how she can live with herself either way.

My Thoughts

I don't even know what to say or where to begin with this review.. This book was just amazing!! 
While reading this, I kept telling myself.. "Ok I am going to read ONE more chapter..ok ONE more chapter after this one... UUGGhh I can't stop reading it now something is going to happen"... and by 3am I had a completed book!! It just grabbed my attention and told me that if I stopped reading I was going to regret it, I gave a new meaning to DEVOURING...

Lisa did such a great job with these "taboo" subjects and made it intriguing, captivating, and an all around enjoyable read. 

Lexie is a college student about to embark on a journey to Rome to study for a year abroad. She is using this time away to not only study and experience life but also to get away from the past and her EX. What she doesn't expect is a couple days before she leaves, she ends up sleeping with her step-brother. 

"Never during any of it, even once we're both naked on my bed, does any part of me feel like we shouldn't be doing this. All of a sudden, he isn't my stepbrother. He's everything I've ever needed"

At first I think this is a little weird, they've been stepbrother/sister for a long time, why now? Why after their parents been married all this time that they decide to rip each others clothes off?

But reading more I get a sense that this is just something that needs to be explored further but with a new resolve to leave the past behind her, Lexie leaves for Rome trying not to think about the passionate and sensual orgasm she just had with her step-brother. 
(Yeah GOOD LUCK with that girrrrlll)

When she finally gets settled in Rome, she also never expects to meet Alessandro, a soon to be priest. She thinks he is sexy as sin and that is exactly what he is.. pure sin. 
Even though she knows she shouldn't, she flirts and begins to lust after this soon to be priest. With lines that should never be crossed, Alessandro and Lexie start forming a more than friends vibe but what happens when Lexie can't get her step-brother out of her head? 
She knows she shouldn't be trying to get over him by flirting with Alessandro buuuuuuuuttt try telling her vagina and head that!

I enjoyed this story, the author makes you fall in love with both male characters and your heart and mind are just as conflicted as Lexie's. I had no idea who I wanted Lexie to end up with but I was enjoying the ride with her. She was a great leading character, she wasn't annoying and she grew in this story, making it an all around enjoyable, crazy, wild, read. 

The taboo nature wasn't too heavy to where I was grossed out and I didn't even remember  that Trent was her step-brother because they just seemed to complete each other. Fate seemed to be working for them, they needed to be together.. It wasn't a matter of "if" it was a matter of "when"... Plus the sex was freaking HOT.. Oh My GOD!! 
;)

The only thing I didn't like was the way it ended... The best friend's role was still a mystery and I was hoping to get more about what happened to them after the confession at the end ( I won't go into more detail because I don't want to ruin it)...
 Other than that though, the book was freaking fantastic and I recommend it to EVERYONE.. well as long as you don't mind a lil taboo ;)

I give this book a 4.5/5 and I suggest getting it ASAP!!




No comments:

Post a Comment