Wednesday, September 18, 2013

{Review} Reality by Dani Hart

For the first time ever, I have no idea what to rate a book.. This book was just.. I don't even know.. I am going to try and get down everything I thought about it and I will decide then..


I am Arie Belle and up until my mother’s unexpected and mysterious death my life had been pretty simple, but then things became dark and, at times, hopeless. Even my uncanny ability to communicate with nature had turned its back on me. My only saving grace is my lifetime friendship with the boy next door, River, whom I had always thought of as my soul mate up until my eighteenth birthday when everything seemed to change. My body tingles with heightened sensations and my emotions veer out of control. They are further tested when Ashe, a beautiful stranger with a powerful draw, enters my life and challenges my heart and soul. Amidst the rush of feelings after years of numbness, my true destiny slowly unravels and my journey to find out what I am, to find my mother’s killer, and stop my own death becomes a frantic rush before the next full moon.

This powerful story encaptures the true meaning of love and the dark corners of life that can either suck you in or save you.

My Thoughts

One of my followers on Facebook told me they were reading this book and that it was GOOD and it was SAD.. 
Pssshhh SOLD I love me some books that can make me sad, I LOVE the feels, even when I am cursing the author for making me FEEL!!

So I ask the author politely if I can read and review this book for her before it was released.. I needed something different, I was being burnt out from the same 'ol book/love story/HEA and I thought this one was right up the alley of what I wanted to get me out of my slump..
I was RIGHT!!

I am going to start with the dislike because I want to end this review on a good note.. The only thing I did not connect with was the main character, I thought Arie was...I don't know the right word for it.. I know she was a lost soul since her mother died and she was trying to find herself in the world/nature, trying to figure out her past, where she came from. I understood all of that but I just couldn't connect with her like I wanted too. I liked her but I wasn't in love with her, its one of those I need to read the rest of the series to be able to really connect and know her.. 
DISCLAIMER: I also didn't like Bella when I first read Twilight, she actually got on my last nerve in New Moon and I wanted to shank her and steal Edward for myself but that's just me ;) (def not Rob Pat though, EW NO).. 
So, it is not like I won't like Arie, I just need more from her.. 
She needs to grow a little more and I think I will fall for her..

Ok enough of that, let's move on to the one thing I absolutely, positively, ADORED in this story.. 
The originality was SUPERB.. 
The concept and plot was just incredible.. 
I don't know if I should explain it or not, this is what I was struggling with when thinking about what to write. The big reveal is what Arie is and what she means to nature, in general so if I talk about what she is I don't want to ruin it for all of you who have NOT read it..
so I am going to keep this kind of vague..

Arie is very important, there are things that only she can restore back to order and it is up to her. She has to make decisions and these decisions affect (effect? I never freaking know the difference) her kind...
But with all of this, there is a deeper message on a deeper level than what we are reading. The author kinda dives deeper into the essence of life and how everyone has an essence that lives on, even if our physical bodies do not. 
But we also can't mess with destiny and fate, only they can decide what happens. Even if we want to blame ourselves for things happening, we can't, we have to trust and believe that fate and destiny know what they are doing. 
It's kind of being blind, while living your life. 
You just have to have trust and faith.
INCREDIBLE

I also couldn't put this book down once I got really into it, it was a little slow at first but when it picked up, I was eagerly turning the pages to find out more. 
I LOVED River, absolutely loved him!! 
He was Arie's best friend and biggest confidant, he was always there for her and I really hope.... well we will leave it like that ;)

This book was very whimsical, always keeping you guessing, it was a little confusing at times but if you keep going you will eventually figure it out. It also sticks with you long after reading it..Leaves you wondering about life in general and whether or not our essence can really live on through nature.. 

This is also YA-Paranormal.. some steamy moments but its pretty PG13..

I give this book a 4/5 and if you want to check it out for yourself, it is set to be released on September 23rd, 2013 
(my brother's birthday ;) 






No comments:

Post a Comment