Friday, September 6, 2013

{REVIEW} Watch Over Me by Tara Sivec

Sigghh I freaking LOVE Tara Sivec
She is such a versatile author who can write books that make me laugh so hard I pee myself to books that will gut punch and break my heart all at the same time. 
I never know what I am going to get when I crack open one of her books and I love that about her the most...

Watch Over Me was one of those books that left me cracked and had me thinking about it LONG after I was done reading it. 

Here is my review for: 


Addison Snow is your typical teenager. She has a family that loves her, friends that make her laugh, and she's wrapped up in the excitement of graduating high school and going off to college to pursue her dream of becoming an author. When her mother, who also happens to be Addison's best friend, dies unexpectedly, her world comes to a crashing halt.

Death changes everyone...

To make the pain go away, Addison and her father travel down separate, dark paths. She chooses to end her grief forever, while he drowns his sorrows in the bottom of a bottle. How do you learn to live again when the most important person in your life is gone?

Addison struggles to pick up the pieces of her life. Instead of getting back to being the carefree teenager she once was, she's stuck handling all of the responsibilities that should have been her father's. She has no time to grieve, no time for emotions, and no time for happiness...until Zander Reinhardt walks in. All it takes is one little handwritten note on a napkin to kick-start her back to life and help her realize that maybe there's more to that life than pain.

But can it really be that simple? Can she really trust this man who makes her feel alive again for the first time in a year?

Addison and Zander both have secrets they aren't ready to share. When the truth finally comes out, is it enough to tear them apart or has something bigger than themselves always been watching over them, pushing them together, making sure they both get their happily ever after?

My Thoughts

Death changes everything.. 
That phrase kept repeating inside my head. 
Everything seemed to change in Addison's life as soon as her mother passed away. Her father can't get over the grief, she has to take on the responsibilities of a grown woman instead of living her teenage life, happy and carefree. 
She's devastated by her mother's unexpected death, hurt by her father's unwillingness to clean up and depressed from the turn of events that has taken place. She wants to be free from her life so she does something dangerous to escape the constant pain.

"It's easy to forgive someone for the hurt they've caused you. Forgetting is impossible"

Afterwards, she starts seeing a therapist to help her cope with the obstacles that life is throwing at her, she remains in control of her parent's bakery, and her father is still damaged. But this is about the time that Zandar walks into her life and for the first time in a very long time she starts to feel hope. 
Hope for the future, hope in life, hope in herself. 

With the help of her therapist she starts to see things differently and starts to open herself up to Zandar, she needs someone to comfort her and be her rock when she can't take it anymore, Zandar becomes that and more but what happens when there is a secret that he has yet to tell her and breaks the foundation that they worked on building? 

"I don't want to do anything that will make him leave because I don't want to be strong anymore. I'm so tired of being strong"

This book... THIIIISSS book seriously did a number on my heart, mind, and beliefs. I won't give away the magic that happens in here but lets just say the comparisons that Addison kept making made me curious and then the note that was left in the office was a mixture of freaky and heartwarming. 

It took my mind off what is impossible and made me believe in the possibility , even if I didn't want to believe in it, Tara Sivec forced it on me and told me to swallow it down and made me feel like I have always believed in this impossibility. She took me out of my comfort zone and led me straight to the uncomfortable but she gently guided me through so it wasn't painful, it was soothing to my very soul. 

I have always been a spiritual type of person, not very religious but I do believe that I have loved ones watching over me and this book confirmed my beliefs in that.

I loved the relationship between Zander and Addison, he was good for her and she was just what he needed in his life. They were the epitome of two halves of a whole, ying to yang and all them lovely adjectives. They weren't annoying characters that needed to grow the fuck up and stop annoying the shit out of me.. I loved them, I loved how Addison grew not only as a person but as partner, someone who could be an equal to Zander, stand on her own and know when she needed to just let it all go and live her own life... 

"With the help of a boy who loved her more than she thought possible, and the of the most important person in her life watching over her, she learned how to move forward. She learned how to live"

Gahh just fan-fucking-tastic shit...

The only reason I am not giving it 5***** is because I felt it should have been a bit longer with a more rounded out ending. LOVED the epilogue but I wanted to know more about her and her father's relationship, how Meg was doing, just small things that I wanted to know more about.

I give this book a 4/5 and if you want to check out for yourself go here: 






No comments:

Post a Comment