Friday, July 11, 2014

{Review} Five Ways to Fall by K.A. Tucker


Sometimes you can’t change—and sometimes you just don’t want to. Discover Ben’s side of the story in this fourth novel by the beloved, top-selling indie author of Ten Tiny Breaths,One Tiny Lie, and Four Seconds to Lose.

Purple-haired, sharp-tongued Reese MacKay knows all about making the wrong choice; she’s made plenty of them in her twenty-odd-years. So when her impulsive, short-lived marriage ends in heartbreak, she decides it’s time for a change. She moves to Miami with the intention of hitting reset on her irresponsible life, and she does quite well…aside from an epically humiliating one-night stand in Cancun with a hot blond bouncer named Ben. Thank God she can get on a plane and leave that mistake behind her.

Football scholarship and frat parties with hot chicks? Part of charmer Ben Morris’s plan. Blown knee that kills any hope of a professional football career? So not part of the plan. Luckily Ben has brains to go with his knockout looks and magnetism. After three long years of balancing law school with his job as a bouncer at Penny’s Palace, he’s ready to lead a more mature life—until his first day of work, when he finds himself in the office of that crazy, hot chick he met in Cancun. The one he hasn’t stopped thinking about.

If Ben truly were a smart guy, he’d stay clear of Reese. She’s the boss’s stepdaughter and it’s been made very clear that office romances are grounds for dismissal. Plus, rumor has it she’s trouble. The only problem is, he likes trouble, especially when it’s so good-looking…


Ok this is the LASSSSTTT Review that I missed last week when I was dealing with moving, and other crazy stuff going on and didn't have the time or energy to review anything!! 

 I read this book a while ago and I really didn't think I could love another one of K.A's books as much as I LOVED Ten Tiny Breaths. Kacey was my all time favorite female character and with her witty, sarcastic, but caring nature she was hard to beat... 

Then I was introduced to Reese and I fell in love with her the same way I did Kacey! I actually LOVED her more!! 


Reese is a badass who has had a lot of shit thrown at her since she was very young. It wasn't until her stepdad came back into the picture that she even caught a break. She started to thrive in her environment and then Ben comes along and turns her world upside down like most leading men do. 
He straight knocks Reese on her ass and she's smitten with him ever since.. And he can't seem to get enough of her either... BUT, of course, there is too much drama in each of their lives that makes it almost impossible for them to be together... 



This whole story is incredible from the very first moment we are introduced to Reese, to the very end when we see where everyone's lives are headed... I was never bored and you could not get me to put the book down AT ALL!!

I swooned, I laughed...HARD, I was pissed, frustrated... Happy!! Tucker pulled every emotion out of me and I didn't know what to do or think or where I was at... NOTHING!! I just knew that I wanted to devour this story and then read it again and again until I had almost every line memorized. There wasn't a character in this story that I didn't love (well, ok there was this one bitch but I will let you read all about her... she is not worth me writing about), there wasn't a single part of this story that I would have changed. 

I loved it all!! 

 I just knew I would love Ben's story and I am glad him and Kacey never worked out because  Reese and Ben were truly meant to be together! So if you were always a pro-Ben person, like me, then you will not be disappointed in where Tucker took his character and I guarantee you will love this book as much as I did!!! 



Overall I give this book a 5 "Reese is one badass bitch" STARS!!!! 

Thanks K.A for giving us this story and I can't wait to see which characters you come up with next!!


This book is a standalone so go here and BUY IT NOW!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment