Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Vixen & the Vet by Katy Regnary


Burned by an unreliable source, Savannah Carmichael, returns to her hometown of Danvers, Virginia with her once-promising journalism career in ruins. Given the opportunity to get her skin back in the game by writing a patriotic human interest piece, Savannah turns her attention to the town hermit, Asher Lee, a wounded veteran who returned to Danvers eight years ago, and hasn’t been seen since.

After an IED explosion in Afghanistan took Asher’s hand and disfigured half of his face, he's lived a quiet life on the outskirts of Danvers where the locals respect his privacy…that is, until Savannah Carmichael comes calling in a borrowed sundress and a plate of homemade brownies. When Asher agrees to be interviewed by Savannah, he starts feeling things for the beautiful reporter that he hasn’t felt in years.

Misfits in small-town Danvers, Savannah and Asher create a bond right away, touching each other’s hearts in ways neither thought possible. When a terrible mistake threatens to drive them apart, they’ll have to decide if the love they found in one another’s arms is strong enough to fight for their hard-won happily ever after.


I get an email from this amazing author about this new book she is writing... I read what it is about and think ooooo Beauty and the Beast type feeling with this one... SOLD... 

She asks me to try and review by the day it comes out.. Well, I definitely READ it before that day but with moving and all that other crazy crap I had going on in my personal life I couldn't exactly review it before then... But better late than never? I guess?? I hope!! Sorry Katy, you know I LOVE you something fierce, especially after this story, and it was not intentional to wait this long to review this incredible story...

So here it goes...

Sooo picture this... a small town set in the country side with southern belles and homemade apple pies, friendly neighbors, and white picket fences. One daughter is about to say I do and the other is currently unemployed due to a two timing, evil, snake....

The unemployed daughter gets this opportunity to do a special piece to get her career jumpstarted again because it derailed and flatlined before she could even process what exactly was happening to her.... 

This woman then decides she is going to go find a story in this recluse of a man that lives, almost alone, up in his mansion due to personal reasons. Reasons that include him being the town monster that people want to shun because of his disfigured face, missing hand, and bummed leg. Of course, this was not from his own choosing, his disfigurement that is, it is due to the fact he decided to serve his country, honorably, and was injured in the process.

Most people would feel bad, sorry, and want to help this veteran but most of the people in this small town just wanted to forget he even existed, so this veteran gave them what they wanted...

Until Savannah steps in... 

Savannah gets to know this man, spends time with him, learns his flaws, secrets, worries, and uncovers more than she ever thought she was going to learn. This man was special, trustworthy, vulnerable, and had major insecurities about the way he looked BUT with Savannah, it seemed she brought out the best in him and the beast was put away. 

At one point in this story, I was waiting for the magic candelabra, clock, and tea cups to come out of hiding and start singing and dancing. This story was so much like the classic Beauty and the Beast tale but it was also a big story all on its own. PLUS, if Beauty and the Beast was as HOT, STEAMY, and SEXY as The Vixen & the Vet, I highly doubt I would have watched it growing up..because, I mean... WHOA.... 

It wasn't even about the sex, ok maybe it was, but it was more about the connection between the two characters that really just jumped out of the page and into my heart and vagina. I FELT the steam, I wanted to rip my clothes off along with them and I just wanted the FEELS to never go away!! It was all so swoooonnyyy...

I did guess what the fall out/ drama was going to be from almost the very beginning. Honestly, I guessed what was going to happen in this book from the beginning but that did not deter me from finishing it because this story needed to be read and needed to be experienced and I am so glad I got to enjoy it!! 


I give this book a HOT 4.5 "I wanted to fan my vagina" Stars!!! 

If you want to check this book out for yourself go to the link below and BUY IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment