Tuesday, July 15, 2014

{Review} Tamed by Emma Chase


Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: girl meets player, they fall in love, player changes his ways.

It’s a good story. But it’s not our story. Ours is a lot more colorful.

When I met Dee I knew right away that she was special. When she met me, she thought I was anything but special—I was exactly like every other guy who’d screwed her over and let her down. It took some time to convince her otherwise, but turns out I can make a convincing argument when sex is at stake.

You might know where this story’s headed. But the best part isn't where we ended up.

It’s how we got there.


Emma went and pulled a dick move with this one!! And what I mean by this, is I can't decide which asshole I love better or which one I would want to hold prisoner in between my thighs... 


Matthew is a lot like Drew but not as stubborn or pigheaded. He is like the nicer of the two evils but he was just as hilarious and his story was just as wonderful. I loved being inside his mind and loved seeing all the nasty stuff he liked to do... I was definitely not disappointed! I was tempted to do the whole one-handed reading thing for a couple of those parts because ~ahem~ it was HOT!! (ok maybe I DID do the whole one-handed read... ;) 


While reading Tangled, I knew I was going to love Dee because of how crazy, obnoxious, and hilarious she was in that book and we get a lot of that same behavior from her in Tamed but even better. She's crazy, smart, opinionated but very vulnerable where it matters. She doesn't take shit from anyone but she also had a lot of bad luck in the past when it came to men in her life. She's closed off and Matt just wants to open her up in both the heart and vagina... ok maybe her brain too but let's be real here, Matt is a man and men usually have one track minds...



But he was patient and persistent and it didnt hurt that he was built like a lean boxer with abs for days... My vagina's sweating just picturing him, so if Dee didn't steal him, I would have!! 

I really loved how Emma went back to the parts of Tangled that always had me wondering what was going on with Matt and Dee. I only wish I would have refreshed my memory with Tangled before diving into Tamed. People don't need to do this because the books are standalones but if you have poor memory like me, then it won't hurt! 

So the inevitable question is what the heck do I rate this book and my answer is simple... This book deserves 5 "hilarious, sexy, and one handed read" Stars!!! 

Now, here is a little sneak peek into the crazy, sexy, ride that is Tamed...

She puts on the helmet, but doesn’t climb on the Ducati right away. She stands on the sidewalk, hands on her hips, looking thoughtfully at it. “What would you say if I said I wanted to drive your motorcycle to the party?” 
“I’d say you’re shit out of luck. I don’t ride bitch.” 
She knocks me upside the head—but my helmet softens the blow. “Then let me take it for a ride myself. Just around the block.” 
“I . . .don’t think so.”
She pouts. 
I sigh. “Have you ever driven a motorcycle before?” 
“No, but I’ve always wanted to.” 
“Well, I’ve always wanted to fly, but that doesn’t mean I’m gonna strap on a squirrel suit and skydive from the god damn Empire State Building.” 
She steps closer, and rubs her placating hands up my chest. “Come on, please? I’ll be really careful and grateful. Really grateful. Like . . .deviantly, let you handcuff me to the bed, kind of grateful.” 
Forget the national broadcast system—this is the test. Am I going to stick to my man-guns, keep my pride, and protect my cherished vehicle from almost certain carnage? Or, am I going to be ruled by my dick and swayed by the promise of kinky, have-Dee-at-my-mercy-all-night-long, sex? 
No contest. 

“Riding bitch, it is.”

If you want to read it for yourself there is a little link below you can press and get it now!! If you LOVED Tangled then you will LOVE Tamed too... 


No comments:

Post a Comment