Thursday, July 10, 2014

{Review} Rusty-Nailed by Alice Clayton


In this sequel to Wallbanger, the second book in the Cocktail series, fan favorites Caroline and Simon negotiate the rollercoaster of their new relationship while house-sitting in San Francisco.

Playing house was never so much fun—or so confusing. With her boss on her honeymoon, Caroline’s working crazy long hours to keep the interior design company running—especially since she’s also the lead designer for the renovation of a gorgeous old hotel on Sausalito. So with her hotshot photographer boyfriend gallivanting all over the world for his job, she and Simon are heavy-duty into “absence makes the heart grow fonder” mode. Neither has any complaints about the great reunion sex, though! Then Simon decides he’s tired of so much travelling, and he’s suddenly home more. A lot more. And wanting Caroline home more, too. Though their friends’ romantic lives provide plenty of welcome distraction, eventually Caroline and Simon have to sort their relationship out. Neither wants “out of sight, out of mind,” but can they create their own happy mid-ground cliché?


Yet again, this review was due a while ago and I am just now getting to it because of other personal issues I had and just didn't have time until this week. Sorry Alice, I hope Clive doesn't scratch my eyes out for not doing this sooner!!

I really enjoyed Wallbanger... Like, REALLY REALLY enjoyed it. I never laughed so hard at an animal before and the people were pretty great too, especially all the banter and everything I love!


When I read Rusty-Nailed, I was a little hesitant to pick it up because nothing is ever as great as the original and I didnt want to be disappointed in the sequel. I got my happily ever after in Wallbanger and creating a sequel seemed a little pointless to me. 

I was proven right in the beginning, I was a little bored and stressed out with what was happening but as I kept reading it got better and then by the end I was really glad I read it. I am not saying it was as amazing as Wallbanger because that is a HARD one to beat for me but it wasn't awful and I didnt want to DNF it because I wanted to see where these characters were headed next in their lives.

 There were a lot of things I LOVED about this book and of course number one is CLIVE.. I mean, you can't read these stories and not absolutely fall in love with this little feline villain. He is easy to love, even if you really hate cats....


Next, I really love how Clayton put more of Simon's story in this book. We get a more in depth explanation to what happened to him as a kid, why he never talks about his home life, and even a peaceful resolution with him coming to terms with everything. He stops letting everything affect him and starts really living again. It's a definite change in what he was like before but I think it was for the better! 

Caroline was the same in this book as she was in the last one but with bigger responsibilities. She had to take on a lot in this book and I experienced the frustration right along with her. I was tired just reading everything that she was taking on and worrying about. The sex between Caroline and Simon was just as hot and it made me want to stick Simon's face between my crotch and never let him up to breathe... Who needs air anyway?


Overall, even if I did not like this book as much as Wallbanger I feel it was just as awesome and entertaining. I am glad to see where Caroline and Simon's lives are headed and I can't wait to read more in this series because I really LOVE all these characters and I am glad I do not have to say goodbye to any of them, any time soon!!!

I give this a 4 "Clive is still my favorite pussy" Stars!!!!! 

Check it out below if you want to read more about these infamous characters!

No comments:

Post a Comment