Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Naked The Blackstone Affair Part 1 by Raine Miller

I was given the opportunity to read this book for a review by netgalley and Atria Books..
I was so honored to be picked for a review I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into it!! 

Here is what I thought about:

Naked 
by 
Raine Miller 


Description from Amazon:
Brynne Bennett has left scandal in her past and is living the good life. An American grad student at the University of London and part-time photographic model, she’s getting back on track with lots of hard work and focus on a career in art conservation. When successful and charismatic London businessman Ethan Blackstone buys her nude portrait, he wants to possess more than just her image. He wants Brynne in his bed, serving him in every way possible. He has no trouble voicing his desires, and he isn’t taking “no” for an answer.
At first, his dominant nature captivates her, but it isn’t clear if the force of his powerful desire will ultimately awaken or dispel the demons Brynne is carrying inside. There are secrets on both sides of this relationship—huge ones. Can Ethan erase the scars of Brynne’s past so that she can reveal her true self to him? Or will the shadows cast by Ethan’s own mysterious former life destroy their chance at happiness?
Naked is the sizzling, unforgettable story of what happens when a strong woman meets the one man powerful enough to strip away all her defenses, leaving her standing naked and perfect before him.

My Thoughts

WHAT.THE.FUCK did I just read???
The cover is HOT the sex scenes are HOT and STEAMY but other than that I could not get into this book at ALL.. 
I couldn't relate to the characters!!
 I felt like I could not relate because there was no build up, no anticipation, no back story on any of the characters, it did not keep me interested AT ALL..
There was just a lot of sex and no plot, I honestly do not even know what the point of the book was??? 
I get that it is a "erotic love-story" but really there can't just be sex and no story because then it just doesn't keep people interested or invested in it. 
The dialogue was not interesting because it kept telling me how I was feeling instead of letting me figure it out for myself. 
I know this is only book one of three in the series but the author couldn't have told us a little more about the characters before they just jumped in the sack together and shagged?? 
Even in 50 shades the character's back stories were told and you are intrigued from the very beginning with the possibility of Ana becoming a submissive to the dominant Mr. Grey. And in The Crossfire series Eva and Gideon are both trying to get over their sexually abusive pasts and form a relationship with one another but at least you get their history and then you are left wondering if they can make it as a couple when they have so many obstacles to overcome! 
You get a STORY with these other books not just the sex, the STORIES intrigued and sucked me in. 

Naked... NOT so much...

One thing that I DID like was Benny, Brynne's gay friend (of course I love my gay men). He was funny, upfront, and oozed sex appeal as well! I also liked the relationship between Brynne and her father, it was a nice change from the regular books I have read where the characters have no relationship with their parents...

I do not know how this book has gotten so many 5***** because honestly I am going to give it a 2/5 and I am being generous.. 

I haven't decided yet if getting the second book is worth my time so I can actually see WTF is ailing Brynne and WHY Ethan wanted her so bad.. 

Let me know what you guys think??  

If you want to check this book out for yourself go here and get it for your Kindle:

No comments:

Post a Comment