Wednesday, April 17, 2013

True Love Story by Willow Aster

I really liked this book and here is why:

Description from Amazon:

Sparrow Fisher is transforming. No longer dressed up in antiquated clothes and ideals, she is finally trying on her freedom.

Before she moves to New York City, she meets Ian Sterling, a musician Sparrow has dreamed about since she first saw him. The attraction is instant, but their relationship isn't so simple.

Over a five year span, Sparrow and Ian run into each other in unusual places. Each time, Sparrow has to decide if she can trust him, if he feels the same for her, and finally, if love is really enough.


My Thoughts

This book takes place through 5 years and you are in present tense and then the author takes you back to memories of the love between the two characters before coming back to the present again at the end. 

In the beginning Sparrow and Ian are on a plane and you can tell while you are reading that they both still care about each other. You are wondering what happened to them and why are they not together anymore. 
This is when the author goes back to the past and this starts the love story of 
Sparrow and Ian

Sparrow is a preacher's daughter who has always lived by the rules and what other people wanted her to do. Her only saving grace was her best friend Tessa who would pull Sparrow out of her bubble and persuade her to enjoy life. 
Tessa and Sparrow end up going to college together in New York, which is the furthest place away from everything they know and are used too. 
This is where Sparrow tries to find herself, her style, and what she wants out of life now that she is not living under her strict parent's rules. 
Before leaving for college Sparrow meets a musician named Ian who turns her whole world and beliefs upside down. 
Ian is so hot and cold when it comes to Sparrow that she has a hard time thinking straight about whether or not he is actually into her.
After meeting Ian in California and not hearing from him the whole time she has been living in NY, they end up being in the same place while she is on vacation with her family. Yet again Sparrow is left wondering what Ian really thinks of her and her mind is left spinning, not knowing which way is up.
After a bunch of back and forth, they finally become a couple and it is a heart warming relationship, full of love, happiness, love-making, and passion... 
BUT things go horribly wrong and Sparrow is left heart broken. 
Ian tries to win her love back by writing her a letter almost every day, pouring his heart out to her in the letters and also in his music. You are left feeling so sorry for both of the characters and you are not sure whether to root for the relationship or feel they would be better apart. 

This book is so heart-breakingly honest. 
It shows what can happen between two people when they fall madly, truly, deeply, in love and then lies and betrayals take all of that love and throw it away, leaving behind a shattered heart and empty soul. 

If you have ever been in love and have had your heart broken you will understand this story.
It is a great read and I feel I can recommend it to everyone and feel as if you will like it as much or even more than I did. 

Here are some Snippets from the book:

"Your kisses didn't feel like friendship" "I'm sorry for that. Turns out I'm a bit of a kiss whore".
Page 132

"I've only wanted you, and you keep leaving me on the roller coaster by myself"
Page 149

"I can't... I can't be with you. I don't know how I'm gonna live without you. But I don't think I can live with you either. You have broken me.", my voice gives out. "I don't see how I can ever trust you again."
Page 324

"Tell me you don't still love me, Sparrow, and I won't touch you. Tell me you don't still need me, that your body doesn't still ache for mine. Tell me"
Page 368

I give this book a 4/5 



If you want to get it from Amazon go here:

No comments:

Post a Comment