Monday, April 29, 2013

IT WAS YOU (ARC) by Anna Cruise

You new Authors really rock my face off!!! 
I was given this book for an honest review and here is what I thought about

IT WAS YOU 
By:
Anna Cruise

Description from Amazon:


Abby Sellers knows what she wants.

Enduring eighteen years in the shadow of her identical twin sister, Annika, she wants a fresh start. A chance to create her own life, separate from her conniving, deceptive twin.

Surprising both her family and friends, Abby ditches her plans for college and enrolls at a new school instead. There, she encounters West Montgomery, a sexy fellow student who immediately disarms her with his good looks and charm. West takes a liking to Abby and she suddenly finds herself walking a thin line, fabricating a fictional life created not by lies but by omission. She soon discovers West has secrets of his own, secrets that he's not altogether interested in sharing.

Out from under the shadow of her twin, Abby's life—and her relationship with West—blossoms. When Abby leaves town one weekend, something unthinkable happens and her relationship with West is shattered. Reeling from the discovery, Abby fears all of her plans have backfired and she's created a mess for both of them, a mess that no one can clean up.

But West isn't willing to let her go that easily. When he forces her to confront secrets they've both been hiding, Abby must decide more than if she's willing to forgive and forget. She must also decide just what kind of life she wants...and who she wants to live it with.

My Thoughts:

I really liked this book, it kept me entertained, once I got to a certain part I did not want to put it down, and when I got to the end I wanted another book or an epilogue!

Abby was a sweet, lovable, innocent, character who had a smart mouth, and witty personality. Her best friend Tana, was her only friend because her evil, conniving sister pretty much destroyed any possibility of having other friends.
This book was different in the fact that twins usually are really close friends but not in this case. It seemed that Annika never wanted Abby to have anything to herself and she destroyed any possibility of happiness by doing things to Abby that would hurt and humiliate her. 

West was a boy Abby met while registering for the community college and he was intrigued with Abby almost immediately because of her witty banter and don't take crap attitude. He also saw the sweet side to Abby and he just had to be with her. 

LIKES:
What I loved about this book was Abby herself was an enjoyable character and I didn't mind being inside her head. The relationship between her and West was also very hot and very interesting to read about. The banter back and forth between the two of them was comical and sweet.
Tana was also another character that I enjoyed and she reminded me a lot of my best friend. She stuck up for Abby but also told Abby when she was being stupid, like a best friend should.
The plot was different and it pulled you into the emotional roller coaster that was Abby's life. You definitely felt a lot of emotions towards Abby and you were rooting for her until the very end, especially when it came to the anger she felt towards her sister, you are left wanting to bitch slap Annika as much as Abby did. When an author can make me feel emotions like that then I know it is good writing.
I loved West's cockiness and the way he carried himself, it was like he was made for Abby because he made her feel unique in a world where there were two of her. She needed to be thought of as an individual and he gave that piece of heaven to her. 

DISLIKES:
I've said it before and I will say it again, I cannot stand the insta-love stuff!! Abby and West barely knew each other before declaring their undying love and devotion towards one another. Also the fact that Abby was a virgin and she just gave it up after only knowing West a short time kind of irked my nerves as well!! Lastly, the ending bothered me but most of the time when authors leave an ending open like that it usually means they are going to continue the characters stories so I hope that is the case for this one!!
I really want to know more about Abby and Annika and it would be nice to have a second book that worked on their relationship or even give Annika the second book to see why she was such a
  C U Next Tuesday! 

Other than the insta-love and the ending, I really enjoyed this book, and I would like to see more from these characters, I feel like I am left hanging and I need to know MORE!! 

So I recommend this book to anyone who loves a good love story with a crazy plot and a psycho twin sister. Also hot/sexy scenes with very good writing all mixed together to make a New Adult-tastic book that you will be hooked on from the beginning...

I give this book a 4/5
and
If you want your own copy I suggest you buy it for your Kindle:

No comments:

Post a Comment