Monday, February 18, 2013

Miss Me Not

I saw so many people praising this book that I decided to buy it and see for myself how awesome it was.

Description from Amazon:

Miss Me Not is a beautiful story of self-discovery, forgiveness, caring, and love. 

Madison Hanson's past demons have given her a shadow of an existence with little hope. With the sudden tragic death of a fellow student, Madison questions her own life choices, and is now forced to evaluate everything she thought she believed in. When fate intervenes and partners her with Dean Jackson, a popular "all around good guy" from school, Madison gets a glimpse of a life that is filled with sunshine that has the power to break through the darkness she has cloaked herself in. 
With Dean's help, Madison discovers a desire to finally step out of the shadows, and embrace life and all its gifts.




My thoughts on this book:

I really like the overall theme/moral of this story. Bullying is a problem and I like how the author addressed this problem in this book. Not only was bullying addressed but forgiveness, religious persecution/hypocrites, and suicide was also addressed as well. I felt so sorry for the main character, Madison. She let her guilt eat at her and the fact that her mom could never find it in herself to forgive her daughter made it seem that much worse for Madison. I really enjoyed reading this book, it tugged at my emotions and left me thinking about it long after I stopped reading it. There were some aspects that I didn't like though. I thought that the situation between Madison's dad and her needed to be developed more and the relationship with Dean seemed a little rushed. But other than that the book was easy to read, definitely worth the read and I would recommend it. 

Here are some Teasers from the book:

"To anyone else, it was just a tree. To me it was a sanctuary. A place where shadow no longer mattered as they all melded together" Page 51

"Life was beckoning me. I could feel its insistence and enticement. At the moment, death was nowhere to be found" page 267

I give this book a 3.8/5*** and if you want to read it for yourself here it is from Amazon..


No comments:

Post a Comment