Friday, February 8, 2013

Taking Chances...

I just finished Taking Chances by Molly McAdams.. I had many emotions while reading this book...


I would like to start off by saying I HATE LOVE TRIANGLES!!! As exciting as love triangles can be, sometimes I am screaming in my head "OK PICK SOMEONE ALREADY".. I do not like people who are back and forth, up and down, sideways, backwards, inside out....Ok u get the point...  I like my characters strong, confident, don't take shit from anyone around them. I especially like characters that are weak and not amusing in the beginning of the book and then grow to be strong, confident, individuals by the end. That is what I got from Harper...

Harper is a shy, recluse, military kid who grew up with only a non-emotional Marine father. Her mother died when Harper was born and it has been her and Sir ever since (yeah she doesn't even call her dad, dad, it's only sir). She was home-schooled and was never allowed to wear women's clothing, not only that, she was brought up with a bunch of jarheads that pretty much raised her and taught her everything she knew. After she graduated she wanted to go to school that was far away from her childhood home in North Carolina so she opted to go to San Diego State University. Her roommate at SDSU is Breanna, a spunky, courageous, confident girl who Harper immediately envies for the way she carries herself. Breanna and her become instant friends because Harper wants to be more like her and Breanna pretty much gets along with anyone. We go on a journey with Harper and watch her grow. She loves Brandon but also loves Chase, as a reader you can't decide which one to root for because you begin to love each character.

I didn't like this book until towards the end, when I really began to love it. This is the first book with a love triangle that I didn't want to throw against the wall. I hated Harper in the beginning but she grew on me like gentle green moss growing on the side of a tree. And eventually instead of looking at how ugly I thought the moss was, I began to see the artistic view of the moss and how adaptable and beautiful the moss is and by the end I was rooting for Harper and loved her strong, independent self!

I give this book a 4/5 and recommend this book to anyone who loves a Love Triangle =)!!



Here check it out on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment