Saturday, February 9, 2013

One of those "ehh it's ok" books

I saw that Awakened by Brenda K Davies was free so I took a chance and decided to download it. I have to say that ever since read Twilight, I haven't read another vampire book that I enjoyed like I enjoyed Twilight. I also have to learn not to compare every vampire story to Twilight...



Here is the description from Amazon: 

Traumatized by her past, and struggling to move on from it, Sera has spent the past three years of college hiding herself from the world and content to stay that way. A chance encounter with Liam shatters her sheltered world, leaving her stunned and shaken by the strange feelings and emotions he arises in her, feelings she never thought she would experience and that frighten her in their intensity. Harboring a dark and deadly secret of his own, Liam knows that he should stay away from Sera; that he will only bring her more hurt, but he is irresistibly drawn to her and unable to deny himself the pleasure that only she can bring to him. But when their pasts collide with their present, and Liam’s true nature is revealed, will their love for each other be enough, or will they be torn apart forever?


What I thought..

I really got sucked into the characters and the plot of this book from the beginning but as I kept reading I actually started to get annoyed with it. I liked Sera and Liam from the start but I did not like how quickly they fell in love with each other.. It was like they met at a party, two weeks later they are professing their love to one another. There wasn't much build up to it and I NEEEED the build up or else it is just cheesy to me.. The book was very easy to put down and I probably could have stopped reading it all together if I was a cheater but I trudged on like the good reader that I am. But by the end I was left frustrated with the entire thing. The one guiding light to this book was the holy hot vampire sex scenes!! Even though the author used really weird adjectives to describe certain ummm "aspects", I still thought the sex and make out scenes were HOT!! Other than that the book was just ok and it might be amazing for other people but I just didn't enjoy it like I thought I would. 


I give this book a 2.8/5 and if you want to try it for yourself you can get it here from Amazon:



No comments:

Post a Comment