Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Before You Go (ARC) by Clare James

Ahhh.. I got the honor, privilege, distinction of reviewing an up and coming author's new novel.. 
Have I told you guys lately how much I LOVE getting these emails?? 
Well if you don't know then let me tell ya that it makes me feel excited and humbled that an author would give me this opportunity and trust me enough to give my honest opinion. 
I get giddier then a school girl on the playground talking to her crush!!
Seriously you guys rock my world!!! 

Here is:
 Before You Go by Clare James
Description:
Paralyzed by the past and terrified of the future, Tabitha Kelly is broken.

After a public sex scandal at her college, Tabby moves to a new city with a new school, convinced she can start over. But she soon realizes the changes are not enough. Tabby must take action to help her heal and move on from the past.

And though it sounds crazy, she believes a one-night stand is the best way to take back what’s hers. If she can choose where, when, and most importantly, who … maybe she can regain control.

First, she needs a willing participant.

She finds more than that when she meets Noah Adler.

Unfortunately, she can’t go through with it. And when she tries to forget about the plan—and the guy—it becomes impossible.

Noah quickly weaves his way into her new life and her heart. But as he comes dangerously close to discovering her secret, Tabby’s at risk of losing it all.

My Thoughts
Hot cover right??? I think I swooned a little after finally seeing it ;)!!

I really enjoyed this book. It pulled me in from the beginning and I actually finished it the same day I started it. 
Tabby and Noah were both excellent, well thought out characters that weren't rushed into a relationship. 
One thing I can't stand is a fast track relationship..
Meet in the first chapter, saying "I love you" by the third, really irritates me!!!
This relationship started off as a weird friendship turned relationship. 
They got to know each other, became friends first and then started the slow track to becoming a "we". 
AND Let me tell ya the sexual tension between the two characters were HOT and I wanted to scream, JUST DO IT ALREADY!!

Tabby herself is a strong, leading female character who suffers through a traumatizing ordeal pretty much alone and I was left feeling so much sympathy towards her. But she did not let it affect her too much and you get to see her grow as a person towards the end of the book, while you're rooting for her recovery the whole time. 

I LOVED the relationship between Tabby and her father. I don't think there are enough books out there with characters who are close with their parents and even though Tabby felt smothered by her father, I thought it was very sweet that he cared so much about her well-being, especially since her mom was a piece of work. 

I wish there was more of this book. 
I liked the secondary characters almost as much as the main and I wish they were in the book a little more. I also did not like the way the book just ended BUT I was told under good authority that there will be an EPILOGUE in the final version so I will be excited to read that!! 


You should read this book.
 It not only shows how a young women can overcome her traumatizing past but how she can find love again after something that awful happens to her!

I believe that when this book is LIVE on April 8th, YOU guys should pick it up and read it!! 
You will fall in love with Tabby and Noah 
like I did!! 

Snippets from the book:

            “Mmmhmm. I think the universe is trying to tell us something.”             
“Yeah, don’t have odd sexual encounters with strangers.”
 Before You Go ARC v4 (Kindle Locations 1007-1009). 

“But sometimes you need someone or something. Don’t miss out on that because you’re too busy focusing on where you’re going. Sometimes all we have is right here, right now.”
 Before You Go ARC v4 (Kindle Locations 2033-2034). 

"Noah slams the door and whips me around, pushing me against it as his body claims mine. I can feel his need, his desperation. His lips are rough as he nips and bites at my mouth before gliding his tongue inside. Taking control, his hands cup my ass and he quickly lifts me to him."
Before You Go ARC v4 (Kindle Locations 2062-2064). 

"But I have to be in control. I’m not ready to hand over my heart again."  
Before You Go ARC v4 (Kindle Locations 2473-2474). 




No comments:

Post a Comment