Monday, March 11, 2013

Never Too Far... I'm going to make people mad with this one

OK OK OK all you Abbi Glines lovers PLEASE don't throw anything at me, I want to be honest and give my best opinion on books and in all honesty I was TERRIBLY disappointed in this book.. I didn't HATE it but I didn't LIKE it either..

Never Too Far was the sequel to Fallen Too Far and like everyone else I had my countdown waiting and anticipating for the release of the sequel, so I could see what happened between Rush and Blaire... 
But after all that anxious waiting I was left soooo upset about it and here is why...

Background on the Book
The story that started with the New York Times Bestseller FALLEN TOO FAR continues... 

Rush withheld a secret that had destroyed her world.

Her entire life had all been a lie.

Blaire couldn’t stop loving him but she knew she could never forgive him.

Now, she was back home and learning to live again. Moving on with life… until something happened to send her world spinning once again.

What do you do when the one person you can never trust again is the one that you need to trust so desperately?

You lie, hide, avoid, and pray that your sins never find you out.




I usually wait for all the books of a series to come out before I  review them because sometimes I might not like one of the books in the series but I will still recommend the series to people. You have to read all the books in order to know what is going on so even if one of the books is lacking, the rest in the series are still amazing enough to read. Since Never Too Far was suppose to be the last of Rush and Blaire's story I am ok with reviewing this one. 

I fell in LOVE with Rush and Blaire in Fallen Too Far, I could not put that book down and I even read it again a second time before Never Too Far came out and I know authors have a lot of pressure to make a sequel as good as the first but I felt like Abbi Glines just rushed through Never Too Far to get it out and did not take the time to actually nurture and write the book like it should have been. I still loved Rush and Blaire but the story itself was lacking. It needed to be better rounded than what Abbi gave us. Rush and Blaire were still as amazing as the first book. I still laughed and cried in certain areas (very few though) but I felt like the secondary characters were taking more of my attention than the main ones. I also thought I could easily put this book down and walk away from it, it just did not grab my attention like the first one did. I can't go into too much detail because it will give away spoilers from the book and I do not want to ruin it for others who have not read it. 

One of my biggest upsets about this book was the ending!! IT was AWFUL, I felt like I was just getting into the book and it ended and ended rather abruptly!! It was like one minute I was so happy and then the next I was going WTF?? Did Abbi run out of paper, ink, room, computer shut down and I really did not get the WHOLE book like I was suppose too?? Because there was no way it would just END like that???.. But unfortunately it did and I wanted to curse and throw my Kindle across the room and write Abbi a very long disgruntle letter!!! 

I know she came out with another chapter that will lead into the third book but considering Never Too Far was only about 188pages she could have wrapped up their story in the second book instead of just ending it the way she did and now I have to buy the last book to see what is going to happen, when I was certain that Never Too Far was going to wrap up their lives!! Plus, besides the abrupt ending the character's stories were left open and you are wondering what in the world happened to them, you had to use your own imagination to decide on your own how you wanted their stories to end. If this was going to seriously be the last of the series and Abbi did not consider doing a third book then why would she make this book the way she did?? She had to have known she was going to upset people with it. Did she not read her own book before she published it?? I know that sounds mean but thats how upset I was about this much anticipated book!! 

Of course I will still buy the third book and PRAY that it is better than this one and PRAY she just doesn't end it all of a sudden to make another book because if this happens again , I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER ONE!! I want to finish Blaire and Rush's story and the other characters as well, I want to see the story more rounded and completed, not leaving me asking WHAT THE F**K??? 

I am not even going to rate this book because honestly I do not know how to do it when I feel like I did not read a completed book... 

If you want to read this yourself and have not already, you can buy it for your Kindle here.

No comments:

Post a Comment