Monday, March 25, 2013

Metamorphosis Monday

I had a busy weekend full of reading a new ARC and doing Psychology papers, it was exciting and dull all at the same time.

I read Metamorphosis a while ago and I finally decided what I wanted to say about this book. 


Here is the description from Amazon: 

Scarlett MacGregor has lived a very sheltered life courtesy of her over-the-top controlling parents. Having never been to a co-ed party, much less on a date, Scarlett has relied on her books, her music, and living vicariously through her best friend Evie to keep her sanity as she's patiently awaited her freedom from their rule.
During their first semester away at college, Scarlett and Evie, both avid readers of romance novels, concoct the idea of a contest to find their real-life book boyfriends. Scarlett quickly meets Ashton, Dylan, and later, Mason, and is thrown into a crash course of like, love, and lust. With Evie's help, she must figure out the difference in the three and which one she wants before she ends up without any of them.
Metamorphosis is the story of Scarlett's transformation from a young, naive girl to a strong, mature young woman and her search for self-discovery and true love.


Here is my thoughts on this book:

I was enthralled with this book, it kept me entertained and made me cry buckets of tears. 

Scarlett was a teenager trying to find her way in the world after being under the microscope of her parents her whole life. Every hour of her life was planned out and her parents made sure she did not have a life outside of her hobbies, school, and activities. Scarlett and her best friend Evie moved in with each other for college and I loved Evie. I was so happy that Scarlett had someone that she could talk to about her life, fears, and heartache. 
Scarlett was one of my favorite characters because she might have been sheltered her whole life but she was transforming into a beautiful, confident, women with the help of her friends Evie, Ashton, and later Mason. 
She also had book boyfriends which made me relate to her even more, and love the book even more because it reminded me of ME!! 

Speaking of book boyfriends... HOLY HOT BOYS IN THIS BOOK!! 

I was in love with Mason and Ashton I did not know which one I wanted Scarlett to end up with. They were both sweet, caring, and nice to Scarlett and I didn't know which one was better for her. I loved who she actually picked in the end but I was screaming by the end of this book. 
Mason considered Scarlett his angel and Ashton considered her his butterfly. I really loved the metamorphosis process that the author used in the book, the title fit the book amazingly! I also enjoyed the story of Eros and Psyche, I never heard of it before and it was a beautiful story. 

I was left hanging and I can't wait for the sequel to this book, I will definitely be buying it!!!
Besides the ending, the only thing I did not like was how fast Mason and Scarlett got together and how obsessed he was with her just after one night, it just seemed too unrealistic but it did not take away from the story, it was still just as amazing.

If you have not read this book by now I suggest you doing it NOW! 
Here are some quotes:

Location 2096:
"They might as well call them "vibrator batteries" on the package and come with a sticker that says "Needs a Good Fuck".

Location 2621:
"I hope the rest of you find your angel someday. Just remember, don't let go when you do, even if they try to fly away".

Location 2786:
" You're going to make mistakes and bad decisions, just make sure you learn from them or otherwise the pain, stress, and heartache you endure from them was all for nothing."

Location 4094:
"And if you were with me tonight, I'd sing to you just one more time. A song for a heart so big, God wouldn't let it live."

Location 4506:
"There's a Psyche for every Eros, an Elizabeth for every Darcy, an Abby for every Travis" 

Did I mention how I loved that the author referenced Jamie McGuire's Abby and Travis?? Go Erin Noelle for having amazing taste in all things books ;)..

I give this a book a 4.5/5 and if you want to get it from Amazon here is the link:


No comments:

Post a Comment