Thursday, March 14, 2013

Wait For You by J. Lynn..

Have I told any of you how much I LOVE Jennifer Armerntrout?? Seriously I do not know how she does it but everything she touches turns into pure literary magic and I get SUCKED into it. 

It was no different with Wait for You by her alter ego J. Lynn ;)

Here is the description from Amazon:

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago--an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe--please God--make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn't need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she's building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing...

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that's just so... so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet...

But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she's has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for...


My Thoughts

I LOVED the relationship between Avery and Cameron. It wasn't rushed, it was nurtured and developed into a friendship and then later became something more. They were very compatible with one another, it seemed like they completed one another in more than one way.  

Avery is one of my favorite female characters. She is strong, independent, courageous, and full of personality. She had me laughing, crying and feeling sorry for her throughout the book but she never let her past dictate how she acted towards others or affect her life too much. Of course she had guilt and felt abandoned by the people who were supposed to care the most about her but she stayed strong and let her past be a reminder of how far she came. 

Cameron of course was another strong male character that knew who he was and where he was headed in life. He was HOT and he knew his way around a female's body and KITCHEN!! I just wanted to LICK HIM then marry him in my imagination!! He didn't take crap from anyone and he cracked that tungsten steel shield that Avery had not only around her heart but around herself as well! He saw who she was on the inside and became her friend, brought her out of her shell, and showed her unconditional love that her own parents were incapable of doing. He brought her around his own family who immediately loved Avery and saw what a remarkable young women she was and showed her how a real family was supposed to act. They were warm while her own life had been so cold. 

I just could have kissed Jacob, he was probably one of my favorite characters behind Avery and Cameron. His comments could make me laugh so hard I would have tears coming out my eyes and the banter between him, Brittany and Avery was just as humorous and entertaining. 

The plot and theme of the book was very well written. You are left guessing and wondering what exactly happened with Avery and why she acts the way she does around men. When you find out and then find out the way her parents handled the situation, you are left as angry and sad as Avery was. You are heart broken for her and you are rooting for her to HEAL after everything that happened. 

The only criticism I would give this book would be the relationship between Avery and her parents. I wish she would have gone into more details of what happened between them because at the end she just said that Avery's dad missed watching her dance and that was it. After that her parents were never mentioned. I wanted to know what happened there and if her and her dad developed a better relationship than before. I also didn't care for the ending but that was probably because I didn't want it to end in the first place ;). I am glad J. Lynn is coming out with another book that features Teresa because I was really hoping to see more of Cameron's family and their funny antics. 

And now to talk about the real highlight of the book... Pet turtle Raphael!!! 


I never thought about owning a turtle until I read this book. Now I WANT one!! It was cute that J. Lynn didn't just pick any pet for Cameron to have, she picked something that matched Cameron's personality the best and it was unique to the book. ANNNNDDD I am sure Raphael was out fighting crime with his other three friends while Cameron and Avery were away ;).. 


Jennifer Armentrout.. I don't know how you do it but everything I have read by you has been pure genius!!! I love the Lux and Covenant Series and now your alter ego J. Lynn book Wait For You is just as amazing. Kudos and pat yourself on the back because YOU deserve every praise for your hard work and amazing writing skills...

I give this book a 4.8/5 stars and if you want to own your own copy from Amazon go here and purchase it...

No comments:

Post a Comment