Monday, October 14, 2013

{Review} All In by Raine Miller

I tried.. I really tried to love this book and give the series the benefit of the doubt but I just couldn't... 
I don't know what it is, it has everything I love.. An alpha- hotter than hades- lead male character with a damaged past and a lead female with another damaged past that makes you feel for her and her situation. 
They both need one another but uuughhh I can't figure out why this series is not clicking with me...


The second part in The Blackstone Affair series! Looming danger. A love worth fighting for. A man who’ll go all in.
Ethan Blackstone has a problem on his hands. He’s broken Brynne’s trust and she’s left him. He’s unwilling to live without her and isn’t giving up—he’s dead-set on getting his beautiful American girl back. The passion between them was explosive, but the secrets they hid from each other are dark and chilling and are powerful enough to destroy their shot at a life together. With political threats now directed at Brynne, Ethan is running out of time and he’ll need to gather all his strength and agility to protect her from the dangers that could take her away from him forever. Will Ethan be able to save Brynne from a past that keeps her locked in fear? Will he ever feel the warmth of her touch, the solidity of her trust again? This is a love-struck man who is willing to do whatever it takes to possess the heart of the woman he loves. He’ll go to any lengths to protect her. He’ll go all in.
Here is the fiery story of what happens when two people surrender to a love so great it can heal the scars of the past and give way to a life of pure, rapturous ecstasy.

My Thoughts

So, I read the first book after all the praise it was getting and I thought it fell flat. I am the type of person that wants all the answers to my questions and I want them NOW.. or at least more information about the characters, that can get me to connect with them. I didn't get that in the first book and it made me sad so I decide I will read the second book and see if I get more information about what I want to know... 
I did learn more about the characters but I just couldn't connect with them anymore than I did in the first..
Sigghh..

This book starts off where the first left off.. 
Ethan is damaged and mad at himself for what he did to lose Brynne. Keeping secrets from her blew up in his face and he is feeling the effects of it. He is heartbroken lonely and aggravated at himself. 
Brynne is back to her old life and trying to get over the pain of losing Ethan. 
This book is told in Ethan's point of view and I was so sure I was going to love it just for that fact but again... I just couldn't connect.

Brynne is still in danger of being exploited. Ethan (and the readers) finally gets insight into how grave the situation is with her. Ethan wants Brynne back in his life and he will stop at nothing to make sure she is safe. But will Brynne go back with him after all that happened?? How can she when she needs trust more than anything in a relationship and Ethan has already proved to be less than trustworthy??

You will have to read and find out for yourself...

I did like some aspects of this book. There were times I was laughing at the banter back and forth from all the secondary characters. There was an underlying dangerous element, which put me on edge a couple times hoping they stayed safe. There was also clues to what was going to happen next, in the next book.. Oh yes I caught onto them and I know what is going to happen...

A lot of what turned me off was how Ethan described everything about Brynne. He was either admiring how beautiful she was or talking about nailing her. It was like every other page was some type of description about what he wanted to do to her or how each individual aspect of her was so sexy and beautiful. It got to be too much at one point.

 You know those people who talk constantly about their significant other and all you want to do is tell them to shut the fuck up or choke the shit out of them to get them to stop?? No?? Just me?? Well, that's what it was like with this book to me.. 
I wanted to scream: 
"OK I GOT IT, BRYNNE IS THE HOTTEST CHICK YOU'VE EVER SEEN NOW SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT IT, PLEASE!!!"

Overall, I give this book a 3/5 and I just don't think it is my cup of tea.. 
I see why people love it so much but me personally, it's ok!! 

If you want to read this book for yourself go here:



No comments:

Post a Comment