Tuesday, October 15, 2013

{Review} Bold Tricks by Karina Halle

Have I mentioned how much I am OBSESSED with this series?? No? 
Well.. I AM!!
And here is what I thought about the FINAL book in the Artist Trilogy

*SPOIL FREE REVIEW*


With more lives at stake and games in motion, Ellie, Camden and Javier form an uneasy alliance that will take them from the treacherous streets of inner-city Mexico to the wilds of the Honduran jungles in order to find their freedom. But with liberty just on the horizon, the cost might come at their own redemption.


My Thoughts

Everything I wanted to happen in this trilogy-happened and I couldn't be happier with how it ended...

Ellie, let's face it, she was a big C U Next Tuesday throughout this series but this time I got to see more inside of her heart and head. She opens up and reveals the different depths and layers of her soul. There were times where I was aching and in tears because of her and I finally saw, I finally got what and where she was coming from. 
I couldn't blame her for being a cunt anymore.. 
She redeemed herself in my eyes...

"My real nature, my real self, wanted that person to believe in me, to see the good, ignore the bad, and make me feel like I had a future."

This book begins exactly where Shooting Scars left off, in the forest with Javier and Camden. They are officially on the run and must work/trust each other in order to get out of this messy situation they are all in. There is backstabbing, action, blood, gun fights, chases... everything.
More characters are introduced that I LOVED and even old characters come into play that make much needed confessions. We get the answers we want and I got the ending I prayed for!!! 

"I love you.... And I'll have you. Keep you. Own you. You belong to me, only me,  from now on."


I am literally in a book fog because of this book.. 
I don't want to sleep, eat, do anything other than think about this book.. I loved it!!! 
It was my absolute FAVORITE out of the entire series.. 
Action, sex, steam, lust, betrayal, confusion, hurt, pain, fighting, love... 
Just amazing characters, plot, everything.. 

Loved this series!

 Definitely one of the best I have read! 
I cried, I laughed, I screamed in frustration... I was a bipolar off her meds!

"Just fuck me, I told him, my mouth sucking on his soft earlobe. "Just fucking love me."

I give this entire series a 4.5/5 and Bold Tricks a 5/5!!! 

Links to Books:

Amazon



Barnes and Noble






3 comments:

  1. Umm...i'll be honest I'm not going to pick up this book unless she ends up with Camden. I'm glad you raved about her redemption in this book because she seriously sux in the last two and I wanted to punch her in the face on more than one occasion. But, I'm going to have to go in search of spoilers because I'm dead serious about not opening it up unless I know I'm going to get my HEA! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha!! eeerrrmmmm I am Team Camden and you see how much I LOVEd this book.. we will just leave it at that ;)

      Delete
    2. DONE...just bought it! ;) Much thanks for that "subtle" hint...I can now breathe easier and dive right in!!!

      Delete