Tuesday, June 2, 2015

{Review} Happily Ever, Never by Jennifer Foor





I was about to marry the man of my dreams. We had it all; a life that most could only wish for. I felt like the luckiest woman in the world.

Then, in the blink of an eye, it was taken from me.

Now I can’t grasp how to move forward. I don’t even think I want to. Whether I’m dead or alive, my happily ever after is NEVER going to happen.


This book was really emotional. Like, curl up in your bed wanting to die from all the emotions, emotional... 



It is one of those stories that stick with you and make you wonder the absurd possibilities of something like that happening to you or your family. 

But this book also had a lot of love, family, healing, gentleness, forgiveness, that made the bitter pill in the beginning easier to swallow. 

I wasn't sucked in from the start but I was interested and towards the middle I didn't want to put it down, unless it was to wipe the tears. 
I loved the family and their dynamic because I could picture and FEEL all the love this family had for one another. 



I have to admit, I didn't care for Bailey, she was very prudish and rubbed me the wrong way with the way she spoke about Major's best friend. It drove me a little nuts with all her complaining and I had to skip a few paragraphs that she was complaining in. It got to be annoying.... 


But by the end, she grew on me, and got herself a sense of humor or at least didn't act so stuck up. 

Plus, by the end, my heart was just so broken and full at the same time that I gave her the benefit of the doubt and forgave her prudish ways. 

If you want a book to break you, put you back together, and fill your heart with so much hope and love, then you need to pick this book up and let it rip you apart, I promise it is worth it...

I give this a 4 "OH GODDD, NOOOoOOO, MY POOR HEART" Stars..


Goodreads:

AUTHOR INFO:

Jennifer Foor is an award winning Contemporary Romance Author. She's best known for the Mitchell Family Series, which includes ten books.
She is married with two children and spends most of her time behind a keyboard, writing stories that come from her heart. 



LINKS




No comments:

Post a Comment