Thursday, June 13, 2013

One Tiny Lie by K.A. Tucker

"Normal is boring. Tequila, Livie. It makes wallflowers into butterflies"

Oh excuse me for a moment while I turn into a FANGIRL and totally GUSH over this book...
AHHH I HEART THIS BOOK..OH EM GEEEE... <3 <3 <3 ... 
Ok ok ok now that I got that out of my system lets get started...
I really had my reservations with this book because I LOVED LOVED LOVED Kacey's character in Ten Tiny Breaths, that I didn't think I would relate or even like her sister's story as much as I liked Kacey's.... 
WEEELLLLLL Guess what.... 
I DID!!!!
 I am not sure if I liked it more or loved it the same, I can't seem to decide but one thing is sure.. 
this book is PURE PERFECTION!!!

Description:

Livie has always been the stable one of the two Cleary sisters, handling her parents' tragic death and Kacey's self-destructive phase with strength and maturity. But underneath that exterior is a little girl hanging onto the last words her father ever spoke to her. “Make me proud,” he had said. She promised she would...and she’s done her best over the past seven years with every choice, with every word, with every action.
Livie walks into Princeton with a solid plan, and she’s dead set on delivering on it: Rock her classes, set herself up for medical school, and meet a good, respectable guy that she’s going to someday marry. What isn’t part of her plan are Jell-O shots, a lovable, party animal roommate she can’t say ‘no’ to, and Ashton, the gorgeous captain of the men’s rowing team. Definitely him. He’s an arrogant ass who makes Livie’s usually non-existent temper flare and everything she doesn’t want in a guy. Worse, he’s best friends and roommates with Connor, who happens to fits Livie’s criteria perfectly. So why does she keep thinking about Ashton?
As Livie finds herself facing mediocre grades, career aspirations she no longer thinks she can handle, and feelings for Ashton that she shouldn’t have, she’s forced to let go of her last promise to her father and, with it, the only identity that she knows.

My Thoughts:

This book didn't play with my emotions as much as 10 Tiny Breaths but it was still very emotional.. 
I mean really the first line of the book is:

"Livie, I think you're completely fucked up" 
*Giggles*

Of course that line was expertly delivered by Kacey. 

Kacey has this crazy notion that her sister is way too perfect, she does not step out of line, she has been on the straight and narrow since birth and Kacey feels she has some deep serious issues that have not been dealt with so of course Kacey gets Dr. Stayner involved in unraveling the perfect world that Livie has built for herself. They get Livie to do some outrageous things over the summer before her college career starts. Livie can't believe that a doctor is prescribing fun and alcohol to get her to lighten up.

"I suggest tequila, Livie. Not crystal meth... And no, I'm not recommending tequila becaus you are only eighteen and I am a doctor. That would be highly unprofessional. I'm recommending that you go and have fun!"

Why yes if you have not figured it out by now Dr. Stayner is highly unconventional but seems like he knows what he is doing. And unbeknownst to Livie he slowly but surely makes his way through her life and makes a tremendous difference. 
As a future counselor I hope I can make an impact in someone's life like that and HELL I may even prescribe tequila... ;)

While attending her first college party Livie not only drinks for the first time in her life but she gets completely wasted, a tattoo, sees a couple penises and makes out with the captain of the rowing team.. 
Ashton..
OHH
Ashton..
The first meeting between him and Livie involves jello shots, a tongue, and a punch in the jaw. Yeah and that is only the beginning of their friendship.  
But as much as Livie likes him, Ashton is closed off, and not only that, he has a girlfriend of his own, So enter Connor from stage left who happens to not only be Ashton's roommate but also his best friend. Livie starts seeing Connor but can't seem to shake Ashton because well, he's unshakeable.

This starts the love triangle that I didn't mind being involved in. 

Livie takes Dr. Stayner's wayward advice and not only lives a little at college but creates a huge MESS that completely rocks her world and causes her to run back home to Kacey. 

"You helped shatter two hearts today. You must be proud. Goodbye, Livie"

You are mad at her, rooting for her, mad at Ashton and also crying buckets of tears all at the same time. You can't put the book down until the end, when you find out what is going to happen, what Livie is going to do, and what is going to happen to Ashton. 
Livie's world is completely turned upside down, she doesn't know who she is or what she is going to do with her life. The life that she always knew and thought she always wanted was completely shattered by one boy and one crazy psychiatrist. 

"Earth-shattering. My earth. Shattered. The one I knew or thought I knew, blown away"

By the end you find out why Ashton is the way he is and does the things he does and feeling entirely too heartbroken for this guy... 
GAhh my heart hurt so bad for him by the end of this book. Nobody should have had to go through what he had too in his life. 

This book was just incredible. I was a bundle of nerves and on the edge of my seat until the very last page where I was then laughing at how ridiculous Kacey was, yet again. My emotions went full-circle and I was in a book-love haze that didn't escape me for a while... 

K.A. Tucker takes you on a journey of self-discovery, with twists and humor that has you crying from either laughing so hard or crying in pain for the characters. I don't know how she did it but she made this book just as incredible as the first one and I am so excited to read more from this author.. She is fan-fucking-tastic... 

I give this book a 5/5 AMAZING stars!! I loved it and I know all of you will love it as much as I did. 

This book is a sequel but it can be read as a stand alone if you so incline. 

Here is the link to check it out on Amazon:



No comments:

Post a Comment