Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Torn by K.A. Robinson

I asked to review this book from Netgalley because the cover caught my attention and it looked like a good read. I was approved and then the rest was history. 
I completed this book in a day and I REALLY enjoyed it. Left with a cliffhanger I can't wait to dive into the second installment. BUT I heard there was a third book and I am not good with waiting so I might have to wait and read the second book when the third is closer to coming out.. 

Anyway, here is what I thought about 

Torn by K.A. Robinson

Description:
Chloe hasn't had the best life. With a mother who is gone more often than not, she has had to raise herself. After graduating high school, she leaves to start a new life away at West Virginia University with her best friends Amber and Logan, determined to leave her demons in the past.
On her first day, she meets a stranger who takes her breath away at first sight. Until she met Drake, no one had ever sparked her interest. Now this tattooed and pierced bad boy is all she can think about, no matter how hard she fights it.
Falling for Drake was never part of her plans, but when it happens, things seem to do anything but fall into place.
Dealing with a tragic past, Drake has never cared about anyone else but himself and his band. But when Chloe takes the empty seat next to him in class, things start to change. Instantly drawn to her, he begins to wonder if one girl can take a cold hearted womanizer and change every part of him?
Long hidden feelings are revealed and friendships tested to the brink.

My Thoughts:

So I always say I have to wait and review a series because I have to read all of the books before I can form an opinion on them. But since I asked to review this book before knowing about the cliffhanger and other two books I will forge ahead and review this anyways. 

I really liked this book, almost loved it but the angst had me so stressed and rolling my eyes so many times BUT the love between Drake and Chloe had me swooning and wetting my panties so that balanced out the angst for me.

Chloe has never had the best upbringing. 
Mother is a drug addict, used to abuse her physically and emotionally, and it did irreparable damage on her self-esteem and self-worth. 
With the help of her best friend Amber and her parents, Chloe was able to have a semi-normal life after her mother abandoned her. Logan is also one of her saviors who has been there for Chloe since he walked into her life. But Logan also has been in love with her since then, even though Chloe is completely oblivious. 

All three friends end up at the University of West Virginia where Chloe meets Drake. Pierced, tattooed, band playing... Drake... It was LUST at first sight..

"He was silent for a moment, so I glanced up at him and my breath caught at the look in his eyes. They looked as if he wanted to devour me on the spot and I gulped."

Drake and Chloe had an instant attraction to one another but Chloe didn't want to be another notch in his belt and Drake didn't feel good enough for Chloe.
This is where all the angst and stress comes in! They try to stay friends but it never works and they end up crossing the line but do they regret it??

This book was full of angst, love, tears, heartbreak, and characters who still had a lot of growing up to do. I enjoyed reading it and I was left in tears after a couple scenes. It made me sad for Chloe but at the same time I realized she did everything to herself and needed to pull her big girl panties up and stop running away. 

"What are you running from, Chloe?" I felt tears slip down my cheeks as I turned to look at him. "You. I'm running from you, and I can't even escape you here."

I will put more information down when I read the rest of the books of this trilogy so this is not the end of my thoughts of Chloe and Drake, you will have to stay tuned and find out later!!

I give this book a 4/5.. 
and if you want to check it out for yourself here is a link to Amazon..





No comments:

Post a Comment